Is this a bottleneck

Hi guys, since people say thebottlenecker.com is bs. I wanted to ask you if this is a bottleneck. Thanks in advance

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2GnJnH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2GnJnH/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($209.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($84.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($187.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.95 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.09 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card  ($829.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1771.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-11 11:46 EDT-0400

at 1440p resolution or higher the CPU should not significantly hold back the 1080ti...but it wont be great for future GPU upgrade if you ever need more performance in the future...that said, if you game at 1080p don't get a 1080ti it's too much.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

at 1440p resolution or higher the CPU should not significantly hold back the 1080ti...but it wont be great for future GPU upgrade if you ever need more performance in the future...that said, if you game at 1080p don't get a 1080ti it's too much.

Thanks a lot for this quick response i will be gaming at 1440 and probably uprage the cpu in the future.

5 minutes ago, Fatlooser123 said:

Thanks a lot for this quick response i will be gaming at 1440 and probably uprage the cpu in the future.

i highly doubt there would be anything AMD can release on this platform that would be a worthy upgrade from the 2600...especially from a gaming perspective.

But that's a good CPU, it'll perform well in games for years to come.

The powersupply i would upgrade to something better though....550W is cutting it pretty close, i used to have a 550W Gold good quality PSU with a 980ti and it was running hot, the fan would randomly spin up to 100% every now and then while gaming...very annoying, i had to upgrade it.

So i would recommend you don't do the same mistake and get something with more headroom for future upgrades and even for now the 1080ti is a huge power hungry chip, so 650W of a good quality would be more suited IMHO.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

33 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

At 1080p any CPU is a bottleneck to the 1080TI. It just matters how many framerate you get. And the 2600X gets plenty.

1 hour ago, Fatlooser123 said:

Hi guys, since people say thebottlenecker.com is bs.

The problem with that website is it doesn't explain anything. It just says something like "15% bottleneck, you should get these", but it doesn't say why or what tests they've run to come up with that conclusion. And even if they were doing something like aggregating scores from something like UserBenchmark, relative performance is just that: relative.

As @Majestic mentioned, 1080p is stupid easy to render for a 1080 Ti that the CPU will be a limiting factor. But that CPU may be getting something like 400 FPS on CS:GO (don't quote me on that) even though the GTX 1080 Ti may theoretically get 500. Relatively speaking, this is a bottleneck. But if the FPS is grossly exceeding the refresh rate, does it matter?

What you should worry about is what performance you require. Set a baseline, but make it reasonable. So nothing like "I require 200FPS 4K ultra max quality", but more like "60FPS 1080p high quality." If the hardware doesn't meant the requirement, then you start figuring out what's going on.

17 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Actually, a 1080ti would be great for 1080p. Youll be able to run games at 144hz ultra settings for many years.

No such thing as overkill

12 hours ago, LoganTNZ said:

Actually, a 1080ti would be great for 1080p. Youll be able to run games at 144hz ultra settings for many years.

So such thing as overkill

Depends on what budget you're on.