Am I the only one

Avcn42

Well, maybe I'm demanding too much? Sorry then. But, I don't know... the colors are nicer, yeah, but the overall feel of the game is less "believable" in general. I mean, look at ACIV, it has great colors, just as BF4, but it doesn't cause that feeling on me. I have no ideia of what my brain computes when I get my eyes on that game (BF4). The first time I played it my mind was blown by its beauty, but I just can't get that feeling anymore. Everygame has this effect, I would say, but this one seems...unstable. LOL, I'm stupid.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

I've got a TN panel, which have great color accuracy IMO, and I think that every map that is full of vegetation seems kinda....unrealistic, maybe I expressed my self badly with "cartoony" (maybe Far Cry 3 style?). BUTT, Siege of shanghai for me looks super realistic, although I think, personally, we're still far away from photorealism, even on PCs

Far Cry 3 does look cartoony but it's a 5 star game otherwise

These usually don't go together in the same sentence. Have you ever seen an IPS panel?

IPS is vivid and perfectly saturated :') blacks look really good to tip it off

Cmon, it can't be only myself. Maybe the colors caused that feeling?

you sure your monitor is working fine, i think you might be the only one this time around, sorry for the bad news.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

you sure your monitor is working fine, i think you might be the only one this time around, sorry for the bad news.

Why wouldn't it?

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Why wouldn't it?

Battlefield 4 is up there for being one of the best realistic looking games, this is just surprising.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

WOW. Guys, I really, really must apologize. I'm an asshole. A stupid one. My setting in the control panel were all messed up and made the game look weird, somehow. Fixed it now. Oh dear, sorry for my ignorance.

P.S: I LOLed hard at myself

I think it looks really nice and it does have aspects of realism in it, but there is a slightly forced, almost cartoony element too it. But its far outweighed by the beauty of the game IMO

"Be excellent to one another" Bill and Ted

"How many people have died waiting for their Savour" Nick Arthur of Molotov Solution

Most games are oversaturated and look "cartoony". And then when developers try to make something gritty and more realistic, they're usually flooded with complaints about how dull and grey/brown the game is.

Sorry folks, "realistic" is boring... you can't have it both ways. 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

i don'tCmon, it can't be only myself. Maybe the colors caused that feeling?

I don't play BF4, but the footage and screenshots I've seen do seem a bit more 'stylized' I suppose than true-to-life. Maybe that's the word you're looking for?