Needing a build on a tight budget

Hi, so i just moved houses and i need a new build to replace my really old laptop. I need something that can game and do homework and browse the interwebs. I don't need a hard drive/ssd or a PSU as i have those left over from my build at my dad's house, ideally i would like a black and white build at $300 max or preferably $250. This is the build that i have set up for now on PcPartpicker but i feel like i could get it lower but i don't know how without sacrificing performance. Thanks!

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

1 minute ago, zombieshy_guy81 said:

Hi, so i just moved houses and i need a new build to replace my really old laptop. I need something that can game and do homework and browse the interwebs. I don't need a hard drive/ssd or a PSU as i have those left over from my build at my dad's house, ideally i would like a black and white build at $300 max or preferably $250. This is the build that i have set up for now on PcPartpicker but i feel like i could get it lower but i don't know how without sacrificing performance. Thanks!

Are you against buying used?

which PSU do you have?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

If you really only need it for homework and browsing you can go for 2133 1x8 GB ram and a cheaper a320 board.

EDIT: Still, if you game with that iGpu u can sacrafice RAM speed and overclocking your CPU really wouldn't be useful in your case as the iGpu will be the bottelneck anyway.

CPU:: i5-8600k @ 3.6GHz // MOBO:: ASUS Prime Z370-A // GPU:: MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP --> (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1160) // RAM:: Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB @ 2400MHz // PSU:: EVGA 430W // CASE:: Phanteks P300 // HDD:: Western Digital Blue 1TB

1 minute ago, AbdulAPA said:

If you really only need it for homework and browsing you can go for 2133 1x8 GB ram and a cheaper a320 board.

3 minutes ago, zombieshy_guy81 said:

I need something that can game and do homework and browse the interwebs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

that is probably the best you can do, HOWEVER i DO NOT see a cpu Cooler on that list, and you will need fans and thermal paste as well. The nice part about the cpu mobo you bought is in the future you can up grade to the ryzen 5 for better performance.

16 minutes ago, Hugh_Mungus said:

that is probably the best you can do, HOWEVER i DO NOT see a cpu Cooler on that list, and you will need fans and thermal paste as well. The nice part about the cpu mobo you bought is in the future you can up grade to the ryzen 5 for better performance.

the 2200G has a cooler with thermal paste included.

Hey there, first off your build is great and would probably suffice your needs.

Just an alternative, I know you're in a tight budget, but if you can just add $50 more, you can get something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($53.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($40.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Team - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($75.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Video Card  ($134.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $350.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-10 13:11 EDT-0400

Pros:

Gaming performance would be waaaay better.

Cons:

$50 More Expensive

Not worth upgrading in the future

Slower on some tasks

Bottomline: If you want to play AAAs now, then you can get the Intel build. But if you want future proofing, you can go for the Ryzen Build for now, then get a Discrete GPU later on.

Edit: I made this build because the Vega 8 integrated GPU is too weak for real gaming. Believe me, you have to set your expectations right on that one. It's an integrated GPU after all

1 hour ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Are you against buying used?

no i am completely fine with buying used

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

Corsair Crystal 280X

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

38 minutes ago, forregacc02 said:

Hey there, first off your build is great and would probably suffice your needs.

Just an alternative, I know you're in a tight budget, but if you can just add $50 more, you can get something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($53.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($40.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Team - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($75.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Video Card  ($134.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $350.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-10 13:11 EDT-0400

Pros:

Gaming performance would be waaaay better.

Cons:

$50 More Expensive

Not worth upgrading in the future

Slower on some tasks

Bottomline: If you want to play AAAs now, then you can get the Intel build. But if you want future proofing, you can go for the Ryzen Build for now, then get a Discrete GPU later on.

Edit: I made this build because the Vega 8 integrated GPU is too weak for real gaming. Believe me, you have to set your expectations right on that one. It's an integrated GPU after all

yes, i understand that the VEGA 8 graphics are really not that powerful this build in it's current config is just a temporary config and the Vega 8 graphics should be fine as they are pretty much the same in terms of the performance of the GTX 960m that i'm working with right now and i plan on getting a dedicated GPU maybe a month or two down the line. Plus, im not really a big AAA gamer the only AAA game i play is Rainbow 6 siege.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

Corsair Crystal 280X

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

1 hour ago, Hugh_Mungus said:

The CPU has a included CPU cooler and even if it didnt i have an Extra ryzen heatsink from my build at my dads

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

Corsair Crystal 280X

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

1 hour ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

which PSU do you have?

The extra psu i have is an EVGA 430 watt that is 80+ certified, worked well for me for about a year in a half before i had to upgrade for more Pcie connectors 

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

Corsair Crystal 280X

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

22 hours ago, zombieshy_guy81 said:

yes, i understand that the VEGA 8 graphics are really not that powerful this build in it's current config is just a temporary config and the Vega 8 graphics should be fine as they are pretty much the same in terms of the performance of the GTX 960m that i'm working with right now and i plan on getting a dedicated GPU maybe a month or two down the line. Plus, im not really a big AAA gamer the only AAA game i play is Rainbow 6 siege.

I'm not so sure if the Vega 8 performs similarly to the GTX 960m. I believe the 960m is around ~30% faster on most games. Regardless, if you're getting a dedicated GPU in the near future, then this is not a problem at all. The Ryzen 2200G is a good value as a CPU on its own