Mobile hotspots questions

Matt 476

I have a couple questions about hotspots and would like all the advise I can get. First, the reason I need a hot spot is I will be at a different location for longish amounts of time and would like to be able to have internet. The place were I will be does not have a phone line or anything like that. The first question is what Should I get, I mostly want to be able to play games and have access to the internet and searches ect. I also would like to know if I can only pay for internet wile I am using it. Last question can I use this without a phone? 

Cheers (:

Unless you have a way to use a SIM card in your PC for 3G/4G, no, you'll need to use a hotspot from your phone. You don't need a phone line for this, just 3G/4G reception. I wouldn't do anything more than playing games and some light internet browsing on a hotspot, as once you start downloading a lot it starts costing a lot.

Iv seen some on best buy there little boxed they couldn't handle file uploads and downloads? Also about how much would they cost per month ?

On 6/6/2018 at 10:25 PM, Matt 476 said:

Iv seen some on best buy there little boxed they couldn't handle file uploads and downloads? Also about how much would they cost per month ?

How much they cost depends on the company you get it  from. At least in the US many of these hotspots are limited in how much data you can use. While you can get unlimited data on a phone and even unlimited hotspot data on a phone, some of the stand alone hotspots have lower data caps. You also need to check out coverage of the providers in the area of use and get the one with the best coverage. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.