Advice on the GTX 460 Super-Overclocked

Hello! So I am buying a desktop, but it doesn't come with a GPU. I Looked around on a few different Buy-and-Sell websites and I found a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460 Super-Overclocked Edition on Kijiji. The Seller said that the card could run two-three screens at 1080p, but because he didn't supply the frame rate that really wasn't very helpful. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this card, or even a version of it. It is an older card, and I'm wondering if anyone know show it might perform in one of today's games. Thank you, please give me any advice you have, I am fairly new onto the PC Scene.

gtx-460-soc-01.jpg

It can run two 1080p monitors, like browsing and videos and shit. But it won’t  be able to play modern games well even on just one 1080p monitor.

18 minutes ago, HugsAreGoodForTheSoul said:

Hello! So I am buying a desktop, but it doesn't come with a GPU. I Looked around on a few different Buy-and-Sell websites and I found a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460 Super-Overclocked Edition on Kijiji. The Seller said that the card could run two-three screens at 1080p, but because he didn't supply the frame rate that really wasn't very helpful. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this card, or even a version of it. It is an older card, and I'm wondering if anyone know show it might perform in one of today's games. Thank you, please give me any advice you have, I am fairly new onto the PC Scene.

gtx-460-soc-01.jpg

What are you going to use the card for?

If all you are doing are simple everyday tasks like browsing the internet, writing a Word document, answering mail etc., than you might consider using this card.

Otherwies: just leave it.

How much are you potentially paying for it? I was able to get a 1050Ti for $200 a few months ago (and still see plenty listed on Amazon and NE). 

It's a great budget card that will comfortably run 2 1080p monitors at 60-75Hz (that's what my current setup is). I can add another 720p monitor and it'll still perform pretty well. Most games run at 60fps at medium-high settings w/ the 2 1080p monitors connected.

Edit: 

To give you an idea of how the 2 cards compare...

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-460-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2167vs3649

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

18 minutes ago, Tsar_Maple said:

How much are you potentially paying for it? I was able to get a 1050Ti for $200 a few months ago (and still see plenty listed on Amazon and NE). 

It's a great budget card that will comfortably run 2 1080p monitors at 60-75Hz (that's what my current setup is). I can add another 720p monitor and it'll still perform pretty well. Most games run at 60fps at medium-high settings w/ the 2 1080p monitors connected.

Edit: 

To give you an idea of how the 2 cards compare...

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-460-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2167vs3649

He listed it as 60 but i brought it down to 40. CAD

27 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

It can run two 1080p monitors, like browsing and videos and shit. But it won’t  be able to play modern games well even on just one 1080p monitor.

Thanks for the advice!

20 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

What are you going to use the card for?

If all you are doing are simple everyday tasks like browsing the internet, writing a Word document, answering mail etc., than you might consider using this card.

Otherwies: just leave it.

Mostly browsing, but also media play back and some gaming.

6 minutes ago, HugsAreGoodForTheSoul said:

Mostly browsing, but also media play back and some gaming.

If you're comfortable knowing that you'll be restricted to older titles/lower framerates in most modern ones, I'd say go for it. It'll do media playback just fine

If there's room in your budget for something better and you want to do more modern gaming titles, I'd recommend looking at 1050Tis, or even just plain old 1050s

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

4 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Microsoft Minesweeper or Crysis ;)

More like starcraft a mid

4 hours ago, Tsar_Maple said:

If you're comfortable knowing that you'll be restricted to older titles/lower framerates in most modern ones, I'd say go for it. It'll do media playback just fine

If there's room in your budget for something better and you want to do more modern gaming titles, I'd recommend looking at 1050Tis, or even just plain old 1050s

Thx for the advice