WINDOWS 10 MIC NOT WORKING!

xDanielxOossiex
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
12 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

After I installed the latest Windows 10 update (version 1803), the mic on my headset (Steelseries Arctis 7) and my Samson Meteor Mic both stopped working.

I've tried reinstalling all of the audio drivers and a lot more but nothing has fixed it.

Make sure in Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone that "Allow apps to access your microphone" is enabled. This actually affects all apps, not just the ones in the list.

After I installed the latest Windows 10 update (version 1803), the mic on my headset (Steelseries Arctis 7) and my Samson Meteor Mic both stopped working.

I've tried reinstalling all of the audio drivers and a lot more but nothing has fixed it.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

You'll have to change them back to your default(atleast I had to do that)

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

12 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Make sure in Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone that "Allow apps to access your microphone" is enabled. This actually affects all apps, not just the ones in the list.

Did you check the privacy settings to see if mic access is enabled? Think you'll only need to change it if you previously disabled it. Worth a shot tho.

image.png.decc3a5bfe2655dc52ccd6e0a6409454.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That fixed it! Thanks! I didn't think about that!

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD