Looking for opinion on Motorola Phones

Looking to upgrade my phone. Currently with a Moto X Pure Edition (AKA Moto X Style aka XPE aka XT1575) and the reason for the upgrade is the battery. The phone is 2.5 years old now and I'm plugging it in 2-3 times per day and, ever since upgrading to Oreo, the battery isn't tracking correctly so now it's shutting itself off with 50% power remaining. Both of which are extremely frustrating. (In America)

I do really like Motorola. I've had them ever since the Razr flip phone, the Motorola Backflip, Bravo, Atrix 2, and the original Moto X and I really like the near stock android, plus the Moto Actions, like chop chop for the flashlight and twist the wrist to open the camera. 

Current options I'm looking at are between the X4, G6, and Z2. All of which have 3000 mAh batteries, support Turbo Charging, and have 12 MP cameras

The G6 is the newest of the phones and the cheapest ($234 on Amazon). 

-Snapdragon 450 (1.8 GHz)

-I've found conflicting reports. Motorola used to have the options for 32 GB internal/3 GB RAM or 64/4, but all I can find is the 32/3 option for checkout on their website and on Amazon. 

The X4 is the next cheapest ($279 on Amazon).

-Snapdragon 630 (2.2 GHz)

-I'm not a fan of the fact that they've reduced the screen size from 5.5" on the XPE to 5.2" on the X4.

-The camera is also a step down, from 21 MP on the XPE to 12, but it gains a second 8 MP camera, which I'm not entirely sure of the benefits but I know there are some.

-The front facing camera is an upgrade from 5 MP to 16, but I could honestly not care much less about that.

-Released 9 months ago

-XPE had dual front facing speakers, but the X4 has a single speaker

The Z2 Play is the most I'd be willing to spend and is the oldest of the phones ($360 on Amazon or $408 through Motorola with a free Moto Mod projector, which is otherwise $200)

-Most internal storage (64 GB) and RAM (4 GB) of the three

-Moto Mods like the extra battery pack

-Already a year old

-Z3 supposedly coming soon but expecting the price to be higher than I'm willing to spend. (Z2 MSRP at launch was $499)

My main concern with the G6 and X4 is the limited internal space. Both have 32 GB internal, but my XPE does too and has 7 GB of that dedicated to the OS. I know you can format a microSD card as internal storage but I've had problems with that, and when I did it on my XPE, Google Play Music and Videos no longer recognized the card and wouldn't let me download anything to it, and with apps, I have had times when the phone said the card was missing and I couldn't access the apps that were installed onto it. 

My main concern with the older 2 models is the availability of upgrades. On my XPE and the original Moto X I saw upgrades for about 2 years after the initial realease of the phone and it's since dropped off. I know there's rooting and I can probably figure it out, but I still like official support for the phones and am paranoid about accidentally bricking the phone when I try to do so.

Sorry for the rambling and thanks for any opinions.