Sub zero liquid cooling loop.

So while browsing for stuff i stumbled on this thing https://www.aquatuning.de/water-cooling/radiators/chiller/7248/waterchiller-hailea-ultra-titan-150-hc130-110watt-cooling-capacity?c=594

From to looks of it it seems to be one of those peltier chillers.

So that gave me idea for video/DIY project, what if you got ton of those 5$ peltier modules from ebay and stuck a waterblock on cold side and heatsink or another loop/AIO cooler on hot side and put like 10 of those in a loop instead of radiators.

Im curious what would the temps be? Could it be possible to reach sustained liquid nitrogen temps that way, like how many chillers would it take and what kinda coolant would have to be used?

It's possible to use Peltier coolers, but they are very inefficient and expensive.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

peltiers only create a temp difference between the two sides so to reach colder temperatures you have to cool down the hot side of the peltier to sub ambient temperatures too, now you can reach slightly sub ambient temperatures but you have to do it right, i saw a blog about it before where a guy that had such system runnig explained that the best way is to first have a complete watercooling loop, then upgrade to the peltiers.

the peltier loop would work like so: you need 2 loops one for the cold side of  the peltier and one for the hot side, the cold side has a pump the cpu block and a X number of blocks to transfer the heat to the peltiers, the hot side loop has radiators the blocks for the peltiers and a pump, the more peltiers you have the better the efficiency you can achieve by lowering the voltage applyed to them and so running them at their most efficient point,

i will try to find that blog again one sec

here you can get some technical info

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTVhl3oUMeLyzyMf8FgI07g

32 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

peltiers only create a temp difference between the two sides so to reach colder temperatures you have to cool down the hot side of the peltier to sub ambient temperatures too, now you can reach slightly sub ambient temperatures but you have to do it right, i saw a blog about it before where a guy that had such system runnig explained that the best way is to first have a complete watercooling loop, then upgrade to the peltiers.

the peltier loop would work like so: you need 2 loops one for the cold side of  the peltier and one for the hot side, the cold side has a pump the cpu block and a X number of blocks to transfer the heat to the peltiers, the hot side loop has radiators the blocks for the peltiers and a pump, the more peltiers you have the better the efficiency you can achieve by lowering the voltage applyed to them and so running them at their most efficient point,

i will try to find that blog again one sec

here you can get some technical info

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTVhl3oUMeLyzyMf8FgI07g

Very interesting, tnx for the info.

I have wanted to make a peltier cooled PC or a long time.  About a month ago when I was working on a threadripper build, I did some calculations based on efficiencies of some peltier plates made for high performance power generation, and determined I would need 400W to move 200W off of the CPU.  This could be done slightly more efficient with your proposed application though, as i was wanting to cook pancakes on the high temperature side of the cooling solution... 

It wouldn't take quite as much energy to pump across a 50 degree differential instead of the 200C differential I was aiming for.  As a rule of thumb expect to consume 2-4 times the energy you want to move with a peltier device.  Compressor based refrigeration, on the other hand, can move 2-4 times the energy it consumes.