Can a single 4-pin handle my CPU

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

You technically can run a CPU off of just 4pins, I've had to do it before.

The Core i5 7500's TDP Is 65W, so you should be fine with just the 4pin connector.

I was looking at a ASRock motherboard because my old motherboard died. It only has one 4 pin connector and I'm wondering if it can handle my CPU. I saw another post on here that says it can handle 77-130w and I'm wondering if it can handle an i5-7500 with a turbo normally around 3.7GHz. I know my CPU is only 65w but I really just don't want to end up buying the motherboard and then be screwed because the connector can't support the power. https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9B-13-157-733&nm_mc=afc-cjb2b&cm_mmc=afc-cjb2b-_-Motherboards+-+Intel-_-ASRock-_-9B13157733&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-cjb2b-PCPartPicker%2C+LLC#item-details

The Core i5 7500's TDP Is 65W, so you should be fine with just the 4pin connector.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Thank you!