Help for first ever PC build

Hello this is my first post ever on this forum. So sorry if this post sucks LUL. But anyway i need your guys/gals help here.. I am going to do my first ever pc build in a month or two. im looking for some good pc parts and i want your opinion on what is good and bad of the parts i picked. I will post a pic of cart of items below! Thanks for the help in advance and please help me build my first pc so i will be good! Tell me if i missed something to haha

Just now, TheCheese said:

Have you used pcpartpicker or its equivalent?

Looks good tho, just check with pcpartpicker for compatibility

Take out that thermal compund, you don't need it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

27 minutes ago, TheCheese said:

Looks good tho, just check with pcpartpicker for compatibility

Thanks for the tip this website is really good haha <3 

10 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Take out that thermal compund, you don't need it.

Is it becuse i get one for free when i buy a CPU?

You should look for longevity in parts which don't get technically obsolete.

Like you sure you don't ever need 5.25" bay for fan controller or other such panel?

It's not like those break aesthetics behind door of Define R cases...

While in PSU Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum would be likely good amount cheaper for at least same quality.

Unless pricing of it is expensive in your country. (Sweden?)

Also while AMD was completely out of high end for long time (because of failed architecture) Ryzens aren't really much behind Intel in anything while you would hae possibility to upgrade CPU in couple years.

On Intel side you're stuck with same CPU unless wanting to change motherboard with Intel actually switching sockets for fun of it.

All review results aren't even anymore fully accurate with Intel needing lots of security patches to plug vulnerabilities coming from mostly oldish design.

For cooling custom water coolers made from quality parts certainly can offer lot more than air coolers, but it's not automatically that rosy...

As in air cooler cooling as well with less noise than that water cooler:

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8174/fractal-design-celsius-s36-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

looks good but if your building it in a couple of months I would suggest doing it closer to the time as the i7-8086K (a 8700K with a higher base clock) is rumoured to launch soon™ as it's it's 40th birthday or something but yea I woud suggest waiting for that maybe, as the price of the 8700K might drop slightly so you can get a better deal on that (just to save you money as I think the rumors are saying it'll be only a 0.4GHz boost to both boost and base (I would guess personally it will be a 0.4GHz on base, and 0.1-0.3GHz to boost max) but even still it's not a big improvement but it might lower pricing so...

EDIT:- the romors state it will be next announced friday as that will be 40 years exactly since the 8086 launched

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

1 hour ago, Kingleffe said:

Is it becuse i get one for free when i buy a CPU?

No, its because cooler has some pre-applied. If you mess up installation first time, then you need more. AIOs come with pre-applied when most air coolers come with small tube.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

looks good but if your building it in a couple of months I would suggest doing it closer to the time as the i7-8086K (a 8700K with a higher base clock) is rumoured to launch soon™ as it's it's 40th birthday or something but yea I woud suggest waiting for that maybe, as the price of the 8700K might drop slightly so you can get a better deal on that (just to save you money as I think the rumors are saying it'll be only a 0.4GHz boost to both boost and base (I would guess personally it will be a 0.4GHz on base, and 0.1-0.3GHz to boost max) but even still it's not a big improvement but it might lower pricing so...

EDIT:- the romors state it will be next announced friday as that will be 40 years exactly since the 8086 launched

Then i will do that! Just need to save up little more money for the bench and chair so i get everything at the same time! :D

If you'll buy the parts in 1-2 months, you should ask then, not now. The available parts change, as do the prices. 

:)

1 hour ago, EsaT said:

You should look for longevity in parts which don't get technically obsolete.

Like you sure you don't ever need 5.25" bay for fan controller or other such panel?

It's not like those break aesthetics behind door of Define R cases...

While in PSU Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum would be likely good amount cheaper for at least same quality.

Unless pricing of it is expensive in your country. (Sweden?)

Also while AMD was completely out of high end for long time (because of failed architecture) Ryzens aren't really much behind Intel in anything while you would hae possibility to upgrade CPU in couple years.

On Intel side you're stuck with same CPU unless wanting to change motherboard with Intel actually switching sockets for fun of it.

All review results aren't even anymore fully accurate with Intel needing lots of security patches to plug vulnerabilities coming from mostly oldish design.

For cooling custom water coolers made from quality parts certainly can offer lot more than air coolers, but it's not automatically that rosy...

As in air cooler cooling as well with less noise than that water cooler:

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8174/fractal-design-celsius-s36-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

Thanks for the articel but please tell me if there is any better watercoolers or maybe i should take air cooling insted.

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

If you'll buy the parts in 1-2 months, you should ask then, not now. The available parts change, as do the prices. 

I wanted the help if the parts was good and i really want to know everyhing until the day i build the pc thats why i post now so i can be informed. :=)

15 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No, its because cooler has some pre-applied. If you mess up installation first time, then you need more. AIOs come with pre-applied when most air coolers come with small tube.

Ahh okey that explaines it haha

Just now, Kingleffe said:

I wanted the help if the parts was good and i really want to know everyhing until the day i build the pc thats why i post now so i can be informed. :=)

Yeah, but the recommendations will vary depending on what's available and the prices. Maximum 1-2 weeks before the purchase is roughly when the parts choice should be finalised, imo. 

:)

49 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Yeah, but the recommendations will vary depending on what's available and the prices. Maximum 1-2 weeks before the purchase is roughly when the parts choice should be finalised, imo. 

Ok thanks for the tip

2 hours ago, Kingleffe said:

Ahh okey that explaines it haha

Honestly I would get the tube if it comes preapplied. I don't have super fine motor skills so I tend to mess up on mounting heat sinks properly. I mean it usually functions but temps are about 5 degrees hotter than they should be until I get it right. Had to mount my best sink 4 times last time :(