New Router Setup

Vek1313

I have an AC1750 Asus Router that I just got set up and everything is working great. Only one problem I have noticed so far. Some devices are joining automatically without ever putting in the password themselves to connect. Idk if it is somehow just using recognized devices from the last one or what. Anyone familiar with the ASUS ROUTER app to help me fix that from happening of anyone being able to join the network without inputting the password?

2 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

I have an AC1750 Asus Router that I just got set up and everything is working great. Only one problem I have noticed so far. Some devices are joining automatically without ever putting in the password themselves to connect. Idk if it is somehow just using recognized devices from the last one or what. Anyone familiar with the ASUS ROUTER app to help me fix that from happening of anyone being able to join the network without inputting the password?

maybe the ssid and password were the same as one that you already had connected to

51 minutes ago, IgorM said:

maybe the ssid and password were the same as one that you already had connected to

51 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it have the same ssid and password as the old router?

Nope, they weren’t even close to being the same.

3 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

Nope, they weren’t even close to being the same.

Wps enabled maybe

Do you use something like Windows 10 across the same devices that are auto joining?  One of the controversial features was storing PSKs to your account.

Otherwise aside from the same SSID/PW (which you said they aren't) there isn't much that would do that.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

5 hours ago, beersykins said:

Do you use something like Windows 10 across the same devices that are auto joining?  One of the controversial features was storing PSKs to your account.

Otherwise aside from the same SSID/PW (which you said they aren't) there isn't much that would do that.

Nope. With my PC still not complete, the only devices running Windows 10 are my dad’s microsoft tablet and my sister’s laptop, neither of which automatically joined. My mom and dad’s phones automatically connected. After messing in settings for the router, my sister’s phone didn’t automatically connect when she got home. So maybe I fixed it?

That's very bizarre tho, I would try to reset the router. And maybe update the firmware, even if the firmware you are on is the current one (just reinstall the firmware). 

And if after that the problem still occurs, then consider installing an open source firmware like dd-wrt. Sometimes installing an open source firmware can solve a lot of problems.

Akkus Kursat