help me...

hey guys i have a 1050 ti(stock oc). theres this app called games from space which mines eth in return for games.

my rig mines from 8am to 3pm at an avg 78 degrees. is this temp fine?

if not how do i limit temp without losing speed?

i know this is not profitable but not to worry cuz the electricity bill is paid by my brother

ow this is not profitable but not to worry cuz the electricity bill is paid by my brother

3 minutes ago, shamelesscomb said:

my rig mines from 8am to 3pm at an avg 78 degrees. is this temp fine?

This is fine.

4 minutes ago, shamelesscomb said:

i know this is not profitable but not to worry cuz the electricity bill is paid by my brother

Lol okay, I appreciate the info

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

1 minute ago, Overl0rd said:

This is fine.

u sure 78 is fine over such a long time?

Mining with a 1050 Ti is a lost cause even for games (though idk how fast u can really get a game with this app) If your brother has money to pay the bills, you can ask him to buy a game for you you really want every now and then.

1 minute ago, shamelesscomb said:

u sure 78 is fine over such a long time?

Yeah. If you're that worried about it you could set the fans higher using MSI Afterburner, but I suspect the fans will burn out before the silicon does.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Sounds like it'd be more efficient if your brother just paid you whatever cents you're making at his expense, that would also remove the need to worry about the temps.

2 minutes ago, AbdulESL said:

Mining with a 1050 Ti is a lost cause even for games (though idk how fast u can really get a game with this app) If your brother has money to pay the bills, you can ask him to buy a game for you you really want every now and then.

he doesnt know i mine and its his house so...

20 minutes ago, shamelesscomb said:

relevant username...

What game are you trying to mine? If it is PUBG, you need around 500 hours on a GTX 1060 6GB. So, with a 1050ti, you will be lucky to get the game in under 800 hours of mining. Just go out and find an odd job, earn some money and pay for the game.

hi.

1 hour ago, shamelesscomb said:

Just go make some money. I mean you would be better off playing games on steam for the trading cards and selling those than trying to mine with a 1050ti for this dumb program. Or you could go get a job of some sorts whether it be an actual job or something like mowing lawns.