RETAIL or OEM WINDOWS 10 on Microsoft store

ivanteng880

Hi, I'm going to buy a copy of windows 10 home and I see I can buy it from many places such a best buy and Amazon, but I think I'm just going to buy it from the Microsoft store, the USB drive version, and I just want to know do Microsoft store sell OEM version of windows 10 home? Because I just want a Retail version of windows 10 home and no where on the website does it say it's a retail version of windows 10 home.

Afaik on the windows website they only sell retail copies.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

13 hours ago, Alexsolo said:

If you have a Windows 7 or 8.1 operating system installed the upgrade to Windows 10 is still free! No need to purchase a new license! 

Free upgrades aren't a thing anymore. The last possible options were taken off by the end of last year. Only keys that were registered for upgrade during free upgrade period will work.

13 hours ago, ivanteng880 said:

So every one of windows 10 on the microsoft website is full retail version, correct? @NoRomanBatmansAllowed

Yes. Microsoft doesn't sell OEM's to normal consumers. You'd need to be affiliated partner who resells systems.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Option.1: Is try what @Alexsolo said but as far as I was aware @LoGiCalDrm is correct that it is no longer an option to upgrade from 7 or 8.1 (according to Microsoft). I don't know I might be wrong. 

Option.2: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDOWS-10-PRO-WIN-10-OEM-32-64-BIT-GENUINE-LICENSE-ORIGINAL-ACTIVATION-KEY/192511674534?epid=20010491313&hash=item2cd29708a6:g:xpQAAOSwo9VbEAEr. Might seem a bit dodgy but perfectly reliable in my experience with the dozens of PC's I have setup. If you don't take my word for it watch the video below.

1 hour ago, Alexsolo said:

It still works, I do it regularly every week for my clients who come in with laptops still on windows 7 or 8. 

Using the windows media creation tool or installing from scratch. 

I can even activate a windows 10 install (fresh install) with a windows 7 key that hasn't previously been used before. 

Apparently that is true, from sources I googled. Officially even long-term upgrade period has ended. So this might be temporary thing too. I'm going to say upgrading, if possible, is always better way than paying for grey market keys. Ebay being double negative with both eBays and MS ToS broken.

(And if you want to know why eBay part is important, thats because if something goes wrong, they won't help out.)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Good point you get no support with eBay keys from anyone. So I guess it depends on your situation. 

8 hours ago, jerryl.moore145 said:

It would be ok to buy windows key from ebay?

It depends. For me personally I wouldn't buy a key from eBay unless it was so cheap it was a non issue to replace (i.e. it costs so little it doesn't matter). I've been burned in the past from buying directly from other people via forums (although I do know someone who had this happen to them for Office 2016 via ebay, it cost them around £60/$90), they usually wait until the refund period expires before recovering the key by providing proof of purchase information etc. The decision is yours but it's less than safe in my opinion in enough cases for me to usually not recommend it.