I want it to be how it used to be

ChickenDaCat
Go to solution Solved by AskTJ,

Yes, the FX 8350 processor is the bottleneck here. It is a power eater and has a very weird processing pattern. Don't  let those 8 core and threads deceive you. The suggestion by @wojtepanik is great. 6 core processor that can be overclocked and an SSD will definitely help.

So, I bought a vive. The source of all issues in the world, right? Well, not at first. I have an EVGA 1060 6GB, 8GB RAM, and an Fx 8350, as well as a 1TB HDD and a 150 HDD but no SSD. So, bare requirements, so I wasn't expecting much, however, when I booted up Superhot vr, it ran smooth as butter consistantly. That is, up until about 2 days ago, framerate dropped significantly and the resolution would drop shortly after that. I was told that I should get an SSD since the issue was from my HDD trying to "switch" to the CPU. I really don't know much about that stuff, or if the above statement even makes sense, so any help identifying the problem is greatly appreciated.

(I'm thinking of getting a B360 mobo, i5 8400, and 8GB DDR4, would that fix it?)

fx might be the bottleneck, get i5 8600 and 8gb, 240gb ssd would be nice 

Yes, the FX 8350 processor is the bottleneck here. It is a power eater and has a very weird processing pattern. Don't  let those 8 core and threads deceive you. The suggestion by @wojtepanik is great. 6 core processor that can be overclocked and an SSD will definitely help.

hi.

Lately so many new builder have same symptom no matter what hardware they are on.

it's always " it run fine until few days/few hours "

I'm guessing it's because of Windows 10 updates on background.

If you running it perfectly before, it shouldn't loosing fps because nothing.

Check your updates and complete it before you go further.

Or like I always tell people, just use windows 7, yes you might loose DX12 but most popular games doesn't use it or have vulcan anyway.

Windows 10 recent updates are notoriously bloated.