Do Multiple Peripheral Softwares Negatively Impact a System?

demstro

Does it really matter if you have different software for each peripheral? Certainly one software across all peripherals is ideal, but should that affect my decision in keyboard + mouse? (I have a G502 and I want to get a K70 RGB Rapidfire for my first build)

Nah. Maybe a bit more ram usage, but unless your short on that, you're fine. Pull up task manager after both software suites are installed and look at the tiny impact yourself if you like. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

3 minutes ago, Ginger_ said:

Nah. Maybe a bit more ram usage, but unless your short on that, you're fine. Pull up task manager after both software suites are installed and look at the tiny impact yourself if you like. 

I've heard that low level drivers or kernel code from these can cause stutter even on high end systems. Is that even applicable to the typical case?

9 minutes ago, demstro said:

I've heard that low level drivers or kernel code from these can cause stutter even on high end systems. Is that even applicable to the typical case?

I've never heard that so Im not sure actually. I have a few installed, gskill, logitech, and asrock, and on my r1600 and 960 I don't have stutters on most games. There's a couple I do, but that might be just the game not liking my hardware at the settings they're set to. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

18 minutes ago, demstro said:

EVGA Precision XOC causes massive stutter on boots.

42 minutes ago, demstro said:

but should that affect my decision in keyboard + mouse?

Nope. I'm running 3 RGB peripherals off of a USB hub on a laptop and even that doesn't cause any input lag. You'll be fine.

Theoretically, the time for your PC to start will be slower and you you will have a  slight increase in RAM usage. However, in practice you will not notice it at all.

I have several of these programs running and was wondering the same question a while ago. After experimenting (enabling and disabling the software) I did not find any difference at all. Not even the slightest performance drop.

More software running on background consumes more memory and of course little bit more CPU time.

Also of course there's doubled chance there's bug in those which causes some issues in performance or something.

(all code has bugs, huge majority just don't cause issues)

Anyway for keyboard instead of some brand name etc important thing should be it meets your requirements best.

Like in case of mechanical keyboards there's that noise thing to consider.

Then also do you have experience from mechanical keyboards?

Behaviour and feel of mechanical switches differs greatly from that of usual keyboard.

And some brand name/hype just isn't good base for choosing, if you're not comfortable with feel.