Possibly getting a Unifi AP

jnic

im looking to get a unifi AP either the AC LITE or the AC LR, my house is about 1000 square ft which would you recommend, also i have a guest network setup on vlan 2 and currently goes through a cisco 3750g to a netgear router im using as a AP,  with the unifi AP could i send both my main LAN traffic, and VLAN 2 (guest) to the ap and set them up as separate wifi networks

I have the AC LR, my families house is around 1500ft2, it reaches every corner and outside to about 50 feet down my block.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

If you only care about covering the house the Lite will do just fine. Depending on how large your yard is you might want the LR for coverage out there.

I started off with the Lite and music would cut out when I was mowing in the back corners of my yard about 150' from the house. Switched to the Pro (which from what I understand is about the same range as a LR) and it works great now, about 30mbps in the corners of the yard.

i think ill go with the long range one, other than the range is there really any differences between the two

8 hours ago, jnic said:

i think ill go with the long range one, other than the range is there really any differences between the two

The AC Pro supports faster speeds on WiFi.

but the LR should be fine for most people. I just usually recommend the Pro to most people because it's not much more usually.