My stream gets blurry when moving....

For some reason no matter what I do what settings I change my stream just looks like garbage, it gets blurry when I’m moving and I hate it. I have a decent pc with a good cpu to stream and I have to say I’m sad, my ryzen can’t stream without fps dropping. My Bitrate is at 6000 which is the new limit for twitch, but when I start moving getting into fights in fortnite it gets blurry and not sharp anymore while my pc drops feels baddddddd. 

If if someone can walk me through it or tell me why my stream is so blurry when my settings are good. I tried nvec as well using the same setting as one of my friend and his stream is so sharp no blurs nothing same setting idfk why..... 

specs:

ryzen 1700x

1060 6gb

16gb ram 3200mhz

msi x370 gaming carbon pro

wifi: 90 up and 90 down

streamlabs obs settings:

x264

6000bitrate 

cpu usage: medium

profile: high

video output: 720p 60fps

lanczos scaling 32

Fortnite video settings: 

1920x1080

144fps capped

epic view distance 

medium shadows

rest is low or off

twitch.tv/xindiian

Ok, you left out the most important part, your upload speed. Also, there are two parts of the issue and I'm not sure which you are talking about. 1) FPS drops which are caused by GPU having too much to handle 2) Frame drops which are caused by CPU or your upload not being enoug 3) Stream stuttering or being blurry which is caused by your upload not being enough and viewers download not being enough.

I recently did bit of research about bitrate vs upload. Twitch has recomendations for suitable birates for each resolution. Youtubes FAQ gave an equation which gives actual upload requirements. With 6000kbs bitrate you need 15mb upload for smooth streaming. For 720p60 Twtich recommends 3500-5000kbs. Using YT's equation (bitrate*2+(bitrate*0.2)) required upload speeds would be 8-12mb. And since viewers will need to match their download speed with your upload speed unless you are partner, people usually use lower bitrate to keep quality and smoothness in balance to gain viewership. Afterall, its content Twitch viewers are looking for, not image quality of you stream.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you're dropping frames, that means your CPU encoding preset is too aggressive. It might also explain why your footage is blurring. Try lowering the preset to either Faster or Very Fast. If that doesn't help, try switching to NVENC.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

19 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Ok, you left out the most important part, your upload speed. Also, there are two parts of the issue and I'm not sure which you are talking about. 1) FPS drops which are caused by GPU having too much to handle 2) Frame drops which are caused by CPU or your upload not being enoug 3) Stream stuttering or being blurry which is caused by your upload not being enough and viewers download not being enough.

I recently did bit of research about bitrate vs upload. Twitch has recomendations for suitable birates for each resolution. Youtubes FAQ gave an equation which gives actual upload requirements. With 6000kbs bitrate you need 15mb upload for smooth streaming. For 720p60 Twtich recommends 3500-5000kbs. Using YT's equation (bitrate*2+(bitrate*0.2)) required upload speeds would be 8-12mb. And since viewers will need to match their download speed with your upload speed unless you are partner, people usually use lower bitrate to keep quality and smoothness in balance to gain viewership. Afterall, its content Twitch viewers are looking for, not image quality of you stream.

sorry my bad, my up and down are both 90mbs. I have decent wifi speed that can handle 6000 bit rate

19 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

yep i agree with you on the second part! I dont think it is my gpu issue, It could be my cpu im not sure. I tried streaming with nvec today and it does look better as in not blurs and not to pixelated and my fps don't drop as much

5 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

If you're dropping frames, that means your CPU encoding preset is too aggressive. It might also explain why your footage is blurring. Try lowering the preset to either Faster or Very Fast. If that doesn't help, try switching to NVENC.

Yea i tried nvenc and I like it haha. The thing is in task manager my cpu dosent even reach like 90% usage, and i tried fast and very fast but it just looks like crap so Imma stay with nvenc

25 minutes ago, XIndiian said:

Yea i tried nvenc and I like it haha. The thing is in task manager my cpu dosent even reach like 90% usage, and i tried fast and very fast but it just looks like crap so Imma stay with nvenc

x264 can be weird like that. Even if you're at 90% usage, it can still cause issues. IMHO, it's best to use a CPU based encoder with a 2nd system meant exclusively for compressing and uploading your footage. Otherwise, NVENC is the best way to go without compromising quality and performance.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

13 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

x264 can be weird like that. Even if you're at 90% usage, it can still cause issues. IMHO, it's best to use a CPU based encoder with a 2nd system meant exclusively for compressing and uploading your footage. Otherwise, NVENC is the best way to go without compromising quality and performance.

thats very true man ty

2 minutes ago, XIndiian said:

thats very true man ty

You're welcome. Glad to be of help :)

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Getting blurry in high action scenes sounds like you're hitting a bitrate issue. You can try increasing the bitrate but that may not be feasible.

He's already encoding at 6000Kbps, which is the max Twitch allows. What's most likely causing the blur are bad b-frames during frame drops.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Frankenburger said:

He's already encoding at 6000Kbps, which is the max Twitch allows. What's most likely causing the blur are bad b-frames during frame drops.

If that was the case I'd imagine the video quality going to absolute garbage than simply being "blurry," whatever that means.