24" monitors of different resolutions, virtual resize?

ethandeguire

I have a 1080p monitor and a 1440p monitor that are both 24 inches, and I'd like to keep them both at their native 100% windows scaling.

In my nvidia settings, how can I make it so that nvidia registers both monitors as the same physical size, because currently it shows the 1440p monitor as much physiccally larger, which its not.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R5 1600, Asus Prime B350, 16gb corsair vengeance, nzxt s340, gigabyte gtx 1060, cryorig h7, 256gb adata su800. More in Link.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RC4KQV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well everything on the 1440p one will be smaller because of the higher pixel density. There's more pixels on it than there are on the 1080p one, but they are the same physical size. This means that if an object is 10 pixels tall, that will be 1/108 of the total height available on the 1080p monitor, while that same object would be 1/144 of the totel height on the 1440p one. Basically, it's not about physical size, it's about pixel density, which is different between resolutions.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

19 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

Well everything on the 1440p one will be smaller because of the higher pixel density. There's more pixels on it than there are on the 1080p one, but they are the same physical size. This means that if an object is 10 pixels tall, that will be 1/108 of the total height available on the 1080p monitor, while that same object would be 1/144 of the totel height on the 1440p one. Basically, it's not about physical size, it's about pixel density, which is different between resolutions.

I appreciate the explanation, and understand that, I'd just like to have simulated same size displays, so that if i drag something from one point on one display it shows up at the same place on the other display, even if it is smaller, which im okay with.

If theres anything that could let me do this id really appreciate it, but nonetheless thanks for your time

R5 1600, Asus Prime B350, 16gb corsair vengeance, nzxt s340, gigabyte gtx 1060, cryorig h7, 256gb adata su800. More in Link.

1 minute ago, ethandeguire said:

I appreciate the explanation, and understand that, I'd just like to have simulated same size displays, so that if i drag something from one point on one display it shows up at the same place on the other display, even if it is smaller, which im okay with.

If theres anything that could let me do this id really appreciate it, but nonetheless thanks for your time

I believe changing the scaling is the only option. Sorry about that.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

Just now, Fixinit1 said:

I believe changing the scaling is the only option. Sorry about that.

okay, thanks