Which smartwatch to buy?

Greetings!

I'm looking for a new smartwatch (It's in the title, duuuh :D) that can replace my broken Samsung Gear S3 Frontier.

Requirements:

• Available in EU.
  • Minimum of 24 hours of battery life (preferably more).
  • Not too bulky (like the Casio Pro Trek Smart WSD-F20).
  • Maximum price is $450.
  • Water resistant (IP67 and up).
  • Trusted brand (LG, Samsung and so on...).
  • Works with Android.

I'm open for other suggestions too :) 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’d recommend another gear s3 frontier being completely honest ? maybe the classic version if you want it to feel like a new watch 

12 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I’d recommend another gear s3 frontier being completely honest ? maybe the classic version if you want it to feel like a new watch 

I thought about that too, but I came to the conclusion that I wanted more apps on the watch and the galaxy store is very limited. If I somehow could wear os on the gear... Hmmm...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I thought about that too, but I came to the conclusion that I wanted more apps on the watch and the galaxy store is very limited. If I somehow could wear os on the gear... Hmmm...

Samsung are actually working on that for the gear s4

you like big watches? foosil actually makes 1,5" display watches that are pretty nice imo. i bought the lg g watch r when it came out and am still happy with it but if i were to get a smartwatch right now id get the fossil q marshal in silver and probably change the strap to something textile (i always do that. dont like the metall straps)

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

18 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

you like big watches? foosil actually makes 1,5" display watches that are pretty nice imo. i bought the lg g watch r when it came out and am still happy with it but if i were to get a smartwatch right now id get the fossil q marshal in silver and probably change the strap to something textile (i always do that. dont like the metall straps)

Since I have thinner-than-average arms big displays don't really fit...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Samsung are actually working on that for the gear s4

They are?! Where can I get more info?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Since I have thinner-than-average arms big displays don't really fit...

well fossil also has smaller ones. id check them out. they may not be a classic tech company but ill leave it to a fashion company to make a good looking watch ;)

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

5 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

well fossil also has smaller ones. id check them out. they may not be a classic tech company but ill leave it to a fashion company to make a good looking watch ;)

Just checked it. Do you know what OS it's running? Couldn't find anything about it on their page...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

Just checked it. Do you know what OS it's running? Couldn't find anything about it on their page...

id google and check but as far a i know they all run wear os.

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

id google and check but as far a i know they all run wear os.

Question: Do you think wear OS compatible with iOS? :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

just checked the one you sent and i believe that one is not a smartwatch per sè its more like itll have some functionality with bluetooth but its still a classic watch 

heres a list of smart watches by them 

https://geizhals.de/?cat=gsmzubsw&asuch=fossil&bpmin=&bpmax=&v=e&hloc=at&hloc=de&filter=aktualisieren&plz=&dist=&mail=&sort=p&bl1_id=1000

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Question: Do you think wear OS compatible with iOS? :) 

thats why they changed the name to wear os theyre working on it but i dont know if its already compatible

7 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

thats why they changed the name to wear os theyre working on it but i dont know if its already compatible

Searched around a bit: of the current time there is no Wear OS on the watch. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Searched around a bit: of the current time there is no Wear OS on the watch. 

heres the english (UK) version of the site all the listed watches here are wear os as you can see i filtered for it

https://skinflint.co.uk/?cat=gsmzubsw&asuch=fossil&v=e&hloc=uk&filter=update&sort=t&bl1_id=30&xf=5816_Wear+OS

6 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

heres the english (UK) version of the site all the listed watches here are wear os as you can see i filtered for it

https://skinflint.co.uk/?cat=gsmzubsw&asuch=fossil&v=e&hloc=uk&filter=update&sort=t&bl1_id=30&xf=5816_Wear+OS

I appears that I'm either blind, stupid or both :D This watch could be a nice option :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I appears that I'm either blind, stupid or both :D This watch could be a nice option :) 

which one?

17 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

which one?

Sorry for late reply... I was thinking this watch: Fossil Q Wander (FTW2103P). Amazon link here. ;) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 24/5/2018 at 1:08 PM, Uptivuptiz said:

They are?! Where can I get more info?

Still only rumors at this point, Evan blass tweeted about Samsung employees being spotted wearing gear watches running android wear. He’s a reliable leaker so there’s some truth to it, no idea when an official announcement would be made though, maybe alongside the note 9? 

2 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Still only rumors at this point, Evan blass tweeted about Samsung employees being spotted wearing gear watches running android wear. He’s a reliable leaker so there’s some truth to it, no idea when an official announcement would be made though, maybe alongside the note 9? 

I googled it and found the tweet. Its just I don't really want to wait for it to be released...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I have a watch that meets all the requirements except for "trusted brand" would you consider? 

Just now, AasInAisle said:

If I have a watch that meets all the requirements except for "trusted brand" would you consider? 

Perhaps.... What are you thinking?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Perhaps.... What are you thinking?

It's not anything special, and it's not a flagship watch, it doesn't have nearly as many features as flagship smartwatches, but it meets your requirements, and I've had mine for 2 years with no issues, and it serves all my needs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/U8s-Smart-muneca-reloj-telefono-Mate-Fitness-Bluetooth-para-Android-Samsung-HTC/162606483149?hash=item25dc1a06cd:m:mnawMDS608nveZ0CWjRJu6Q

1 minute ago, AasInAisle said:

It's not anything special, and it's not a flagship watch, it doesn't have nearly as many features as flagship smartwatches, but it meets your requirements, and I've had mine for 2 years with no issues, and it serves all my needs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/U8s-Smart-muneca-reloj-telefono-Mate-Fitness-Bluetooth-para-Android-Samsung-HTC/162606483149?hash=item25dc1a06cd:m:mnawMDS608nveZ0CWjRJu6Q

Good suggestion, however I think it is a little big for my tiny arms :D 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯