and some python basics

what i know in python:

classes

for loops

while loops

if conditions

assert

mostly basic stuff

i need a course that starts from after this cause i don't want to take same things again

any recommendations ?

i prefer if its free but if its like 10-20 dollars its ok

1 hour ago, a7mddiaa said:

i need beginner - indeterminate course for web development 

i already know some basics like html and css

and some python basics

what i know in python:

classes

for loops

while loops

if conditions

assert

mostly basic stuff

i need a course that starts from after this cause i don't want to take same things again

any recommendations ?

i prefer if its free but if its like 10-20 dollars its ok

Are trying to build word press sites, single page apps, eCommerce sites, or brand identity pages for small companies? Are you trying to make a site for yourself, to freelance for others, or do work on enterprise web sites. Do you plan to do design, architecture, configuration, or responsive design? Do you plan to do back end work at all (whether setting up web services or just invoking them?)

The skills vary a lot between building a corporate CRUD website for piping data around and implementing a slick design from dribble.

If you have no idea and want to start with learning "basic web developer" skills, google will give you plenty of options. w3schools, while being reviled by some, is a decent place to learn basics. If you are looking for basic courses: https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=web development&src=sac&kw=web dev

If you plan to do any design, I strongly suggest getting Don't Make Me Think, its a fantastic book on designing for users and avoiding common UX anti-patterns.

Give some more details and people will be able to provide more detailed answers.

Web Developer and Java contractor

i don't see why not do all of the above 

i mean if i learn the required skills what differnce would it make if i do pages for brands or one page app?

Reading books is good but doing is better.

If you're going to stay to python learn flask or django and learn to make REST apis and then use some framework for the front end.

Personally I like the mean stack (mongo express angular node) 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

8 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

i don't see why not do all of the above 

i mean if i learn the required skills what differnce would it make if i do pages for brands or one page app?

Single page apps are going to be heavy in JavaScript and use a a framework like Angular or React. Although the site might be visual, its going to to have more of an emphasis on data and your going to need to connect to a back end (where your data will be secured and served from), learn to handle authentication (thankfully, there are many drop in options for this now), and be more about interacting with the client in their browser.

A slick product/corporate page is designed to maximize conversions, funnel users to certain parts of the sites, and drive sales/action. It is going to have well designed hero images, slick animations, need lightning fast load times (at least as the user percieves them), SEO, and likely a responsive design (scales well on both mobile and desktop browsers.) This is a much more design oriented skill set with less emphasis on JS and much more on HTML, CSS.

Doing both is great - but learning one well will do more than sorta learning both - so choose a place to start off.

Also, working on enterprise CRUD web sites for things like managing bank accounts and flagging suspicious behavior, handling logistics, or moving insurance information around pays just as well if not better. It tends to be contractor dominated and use older technologies like JSPs and long dead JS frameworks. It isn't as much fun, but there is a lot more of that sort of work in the world than the customer facing stuff.

thanks for recommendations guys

any JS course you would recommend ?

One that I really liked was JavaScript: Understanding the Weird Parts which was useful in understanding some of the more esoteric bugs and issues I ran into when coding my app in Angular (JavaScript's scoping is seriously weird until you understand it.)

For free options:

https://www.w3schools.com/js/ - W3 Schools is pretty much the basics to get going

https://watchandcode.com/ has a free course that is recomended by mutliple people, I have never taken it myself

Net Ninja's Beginner's JS is a YouTube series for beginners. Ignore the advice in video 2 if you are making a web app.

https://www.freecodecamp.org/ This is a highly recommended site for beginners

Free Code Camp on YouTube In case you don't want to sign up for their site (not sure what's different compared the site's content)

JavaBrains JavaScript Series Another YouTube series comparing how to program in JS compared to other programming languages

Once you've gotten through some of the more basic materials, if you are interested in a particular niche ask about that.