Issues with LG 27UD88 displays. Am I expecting too much?

98Redbird

So I recently bought an LG 27UD88 display, and the first thing I noticed on the boot screen was a bright pixel. It was just one, but stood out to me on dark backgrounds. After running a program and gently massaging it in an effort to fix it, I requested a replacement which they sent out just fine (Amazon).

Got the replacement today and got it hooked up. No bright pixels. But several dead pixels grouped together. Looks like a little black line.... 

So... I dunno, I guess I'm sending this one back too and just asking for a refund.

Should I try a 3rd? Am I expecting too much? Is it normal to have little issues? I would think with as much as they cost it should function perfectly fine??

Just looking for some advice.

Thanks.

4770k@4.7Ghz--Asus Sabertooth Z87--(2)GTX SC 780 (SLI)--Corsair Vengeance 16GB--Corsiar 860i--Samsung SSD 128GB X 2--Corsair 900d--Custom Water Cooled

You're just unlucky, I think. There's always a chance of getting a defective panel.

A safer way may be to go to a physical store, check the monitor before you buy it for defects and only then take it home. If that's not possible, then I'd recommend getting it replaced again.