I need help with Homework

Go to solution Solved by Christophe Corazza,

Ah, this is right up my alley...

I can provide you with all of the handbooks that you want...

...going from a simple explanation on nuclear fusion, all the way down to my favourite: nuclear reactor theory & design and all of the math and physics behind it ;)

Just send me a PM :P

So, for school Im doing research regarding Nuclear Fusion, it´s history, who theorized it and so on. Ive written about the different types of Nuclear Fusion, the approach and the Theopry, but I need some historical context. What I need also is the name of the physicist who theorized Nuclear Fusion. If you hel me I would be really grateful, I do not need information itself, but just point me in  its general direction. I wrote this on this forum because there´s lots of smart people here, and Im sure a couple of you may be able to help me,

Sounds like you haven't used Google yet. You will find that these sort of assignments are easier if you learn how to use Google effectively, using keywords etc. For example, searching "who created nuclear fusion" will bring up the answer right at the top.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds intentionally obtuse. I don't believe in "spoon feeding", but rather teaching people how to learn.

I edit my posts a lot.

...going from a simple explanation on nuclear fusion, all the way down to my favourite: nuclear reactor theory & design and all of the math and physics behind it ;)

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

hey when you send him all that can you hit me up with a copy and paste? Not studying this in school or anything but I'm interested

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 hour ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Sounds like you haven't used Google yet. You will find that these sort of assignments are easier if you learn how to use Google effectively, using keywords etc. For example, searching "who created nuclear fusion" will bring up the answer right at the top.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds intentionally obtuse. I don't believe in "spoon feeding", but rather teaching people how to learn.

I did use Google, that was my first action, however there isnt very much history information available, and there arent any names. I also don´t believe in Spoon feeding.

2 hours ago, MrDrWho13 said:

52 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

I did use Google, that was my first action, however there isnt very much history information available, and there arent any names. I also don´t believe in Spoon feeding.

Not questioning your google skills (I've had my own mazes), but these are on the first page for me when googling "who invented nuclear fusion":

https://www.iter.org/newsline/-/1836

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_nuclear_fusion

https://lppfusion.com/fusion-power/brief-history-of-fusion-power/

Not that everyone's first page would be exactly the same, but there's plenty of information out there with many names.

Glad to see we have a helpful house expert though :) 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

53 minutes ago, tikker said:

Not questioning your google skills (I've had my own mazes), but these are on the first page for me when googling "who invented nuclear fusion":

https://www.iter.org/newsline/-/1836

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_nuclear_fusion

https://lppfusion.com/fusion-power/brief-history-of-fusion-power/

Not that everyone's first page would be exactly the same, but there's plenty of information out there with many names.

I looked at the lppfusion thing, Im using it now, thanks for your help.

5 hours ago, Railgun said:

hey when you send him all that can you hit me up with a copy and paste? Not studying this in school or anything but I'm interested

No problem. Nice to see some people are interested though.

With the nuclear reactor theory you’ll be building your very own nuclear reactor in no time ;-)

4 hours ago, tikker said:

Everyone his own expertise I guess ;-)