is founders edition better than regular one?

adamgasth

I once heard that founders edition GPU is the best one. but I'm not sure because there are way better deals for the same GPU chipset

Founders edition cards are the "regular" versions, so to speak.

But no, near enough every AIB card will perform better than a founders edition, all be it not by very much.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Founders edition cards are the "regular" versions, so to speak.

But no, near enough every AIB card will perform better than a founders edition, all be it not by very much.

AIB cards can usually outperform an FE card since they can more often than not overclock more. Some cards still use the reference PCB and all the components on it, but the custom PCBs can get you higher performance.

I've seen Asus ROG Strix cards running in the region of 2.2Ghz, I'd be surprised if a Founders Edition could get that high.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Usually founders editions are actually worse than many options that can be bought from seperate manufactures. For example, this MSI card has better thermals and a higher base clock then the founders edition (Whichever GPU chip this will be true):

71SgjJE5BzL._SL1428_.jpg.a9dadd43eeeded584545578d1fa12200.jpg

But if you do want something close or exactly the founders edition, for Nvidia cards EVGA manufactures the founders editions of their Pascal cards - so you can buy a card that is from the same manufacturer as the founder's edition but has better performance and thermals. 

Although, there is one issue with this: Not all cards actually perform better than the founders edition, so they may be cheaper in general, but definitely check the numbers. 

So really it just comes down to 3 factors:

1.) Base clock for the price

2.) Looks

3.) Thermals

"Shashabooey" - Po

2 minutes ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

Usually founders editions are actually worse than many options that can be bought from seperate manufactures. For example, this MSI card has better thermals and a higher base clock then the founders edition (Whichever GPU chip this will be true):

71SgjJE5BzL._SL1428_.jpg.a9dadd43eeeded584545578d1fa12200.jpg

But if you do want something close or exactly the founders edition, for Nvidia cards EVGA manufactures the founders editions of their Pascal cards - so you can buy a card that is from the same manufacturer as the founder's edition but has better performance and thermals. 

Although, there is one issue with this: Not all cards actually perform better than the founders edition, so they may be cheaper in general, but definitely check the numbers. 

So really it just comes down to 3 factors:

1.) Base clock for the price

2.) Looks

3.) Thermals

can you just type the name of that MSI card you linked? my computer cant load it

2 minutes ago, adamgasth said:

can you just type the name of that MSI card you linked? my computer cant load it

It's an MSI Gaming X card.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The founders edition is basically the reference edition from Nvidia, they just changed what they call it. A founders edition card from any board partner will be the same in terms of physical sizing and configuration, so if you plan on putting a waterblock on the card, the founders edition will likely be the first and most likely to have a block made for it. 

If you're leaving it with the cooler it comes with, then most non-founders edition cards from board partners will be better (with the exception of the blower style ones)

Id rather get the fe, bestbuy special or straight from nvidia. Seem to oc the best for me. Not like that matters as it does nothing for gaming.

My sc's and pny were close behind. Never put a block on my strix but it ran the same temp as my fe cards on air at the same noise level. Bad thing about all those fan.

Unless your going for a color scheme get what ever except a place blower version, unless you really don't mind the temps.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz