Telltale Games discussion

Telltale working on Game of Thrones and Borderlands games. (I know they are old announcements)

My Opinion:

They should have kept their games to just The Wolf Among us and The Walking Dead. I am going to get tired of all these Telltale type games if they are all going to involve the same mechanics. The attraction of The Walking Dead was that Telltale had brought back point and clicks in an original way basically creating their own genre of games (like you can point out a game as a 'Telltale' game now just by looking at it).

In my opinion it is not enough to just have different art styles between these games but we will see how much they change between games. I am optimistic but also cautious about these upcoming titles but personally I would rather have the episodes for the games that are already out (the wolf among us, the walking dead) be brought out quicker instead of newer games. 

What do you guys think? Please keep discussion constructive. 

The mechanics are meh to begin with. I like their stuff based on the story and the tension of making a decision in real time and having to live with the consequences. The types of games that they succeeded in aren't the traditional "game" so to speak and focus more on the experience that is brought forth from the story itself rather than the gameplay mechanics. 

I think what Telltale games is doing is their bringing back the idea of really telling a story with choices. Not like other games are doing it wrong, but the company really emphasizes on the unique tone and content from showing the game in the way they present it.

Ever heard of the game called Fahrenheit? This was the fist that started the whole idea of telling a story without the whole idea of needing an focus on FPS or MMO's. Instead took the whole interacting with characters and making choices to a critical point of concentration.

Link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_%282005_video_game%29

If you are still harping on about game mechanics in Telltale games, you missed the point completely. Those games are all about the story. It's pretty much a choose your own adventure where the players change the outcome of the story, sometimes completely.

But I really wish they would make a Sam & Max season 4.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."