Reinstalling windows 10 and drivers...

SeeFights

So im upgrading my PC from AMD to Intel and from my understanding I need to either one by one uninstall all the drivers related to my motherboard (AMD) swap out the motherboard with the new one and install all the intel drivers, this seems pretty lengthy and long.

the other option i have is formatting my SSD and reinstalling windows 10 when i swap out my motherboard, now my question is how and what do i need to do? I know i will probably need my product key but i got windows 10 for free when Microsoft where doing that upgrade for free thing and i would like some help as to how i should do it cause i dont feel like spewing out more money.

Edit: I fixed the problem, i had to assign an account to my microsoft product key

If you reinstall windows, you still need to install drivers... But it is better to do a full install indeed so you get rid of all stuff you might had running in the background.

1 hour ago, SeeFights said:

So im upgrading my PC from AMD to Intel and from my understanding I need to either one by one uninstall all the drivers related to my motherboard (AMD) swap out the motherboard with the new one and install all the intel drivers, this seems pretty lengthy and long.

the other option i have is formatting my SSD and reinstalling windows 10 when i swap out my motherboard, now my question is how and what do i need to do? I know i will probably need my product key but i got windows 10 for free when Microsoft where doing that upgrade for free thing and i would like some help as to how i should do it cause i dont feel like spewing out more money.

Edit: I fixed the problem, i had to assign an account to my microsoft product key

Might be of some use for you

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

If you reinstall windows on the new cpu+mobo even with the older key it will not work for the free 10 upgrade or so it is my understanding. The key for the 10 upgrade is registered specifically to your current hardware though there is prob ways around that. If you just uninstalled the drivers after you upgrade to the intel you will be able to keep the win 10 I believe.

PSU Tier Ranking List

Ryzen 5 1600x|ASROCK                      |16GB DDR4 3400Mhz Corsair Vengence   | (partial build in progress)

FX-8350 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V1 | 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H100i v1

FX-8120 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V2 | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H80i v1 

I5-2500K LGA  | ACER MOBO??         | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 860 PRO | Win 10 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 970 SC 4GB | Corsair H80i v1