Is it an issue that my PSU is pressing against the liquid cooling tubes?

Go to solution Solved by Mick Naughty,

As long as the hose isn't kinked to impede the flow, you will be completely fine. 

Hi,

So I have the Alienware Aurora R5 computer. It's really quite odd in that the power supply is mounted up by the CPU. I've recently upgraded to the Corsair H75 Liquid Cooler, and it seems the power supply is actually pressing quite hard against the tubes. My temperatures seem okay (really good actually), but will this be an issue in the long run?

Thanks!

alienware-aurora-r5-impressions-1.jpg

Pic?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

6 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Pic?

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to include one! This is pretty much what it looks like - although the corsairs tubes stick out a lot more.

Thanks!

alienware-aurora-r5-impressions-1.jpg

As long as the hose isn't kinked to impede the flow, you will be completely fine. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

Awesome! Thanks for your help!

Looks like it came that way from Alienware? Should be fine, though I did see they switched to a block with side exit tubes to further reduce pinching. If you have any issues should be warranty covered.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB