i need help finding the cables

CaptFalcon

cant seem to find any cables that connect to the ones i have here i need help because im trying to install 2 hdds and have no idea where to even look for the cables to do so, i also added my power supply if it helps thanks

20180516_180346.jpg

20180516_180554.jpg

7 minutes ago, killkamzx said:

*snip*

those are sata power adapters.  You would use them if you ever have any accessories that use sata power besides hard drives and ssd's.  If you dont have any sata power devices then just leave them

Edited by wkdpaul

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

What exactly are you trying to connect to these cables???

The cables you're showing are male STA power connectors, those are basically the connector side that is on the hard drives, and those are usually on cable extentions ;

https://www.amazon.ca/Startech-Com-12-Inch-Extension-Extender-SATAPOWEXT12/dp/B008ZB50SS

EDIT : @xdeathshot20 please don't quote bib posts like this, it makes it very had for mobile users to browse and help, also since it's his thread, he will get notified with every replies.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

That PSU is fully modular, so the original cables that came with it should look like this.

Capture copy.png

You should check to see if you have any more. I'm guessing what you've attached in the photo is an extension of some sort, perhaps through your case?

GW2: Vettexl.9726

1 hour ago, Vettexl said:

That PSU is fully modular, so the original cables that came with it should look like this.

Capture copy.png

You should check to see if you have any more. I'm guessing what you've attached in the photo is an extension of some sort, perhaps through your case?

any idea where i can buy these cables because thats basically all im looking for

3 hours ago, killkamzx said:

any idea where i can buy these cables because thats basically all im looking for

These cables should have been included when you bought your power supply.

If you really need such a new set, then I would suggest buying original EVGA cables. You can find them for example on the EVGA web store.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:18 PM, killkamzx said:

You should NOT use any cables with a power supply that are not for it.

The ends that connect to your motherboard and various devices may be universal, but the ends the connect to the power supply end can be proprietary. They have different pin layouts so a short can happen. I've seen people destroy computers by trying cables that weren't meant for their power supplies so be careful!

but yea, those are just sata power connectors.

I guarantee that your PSU came with those.

Every PSU comes with Sata power connectors unless it's like ridiculously old. Then it'd be molex and you can just use adapters on those to connect them to sata devices.