Any way to get around 30 and 60 dollar rgb controllers?

elfishz

My asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 doesn't have aura sync. RGB Controllers from brands I have heard of are expensive. I am planning to get Cooler Master MasterBox Pro 5 ( or a NZXT Razer case, suggest me too which one to buy, I have a rear exhaust and 125w tdp cpu, if that will help in helping me decide) and dont want to pay almost the same amount I bought the case for a rgb controller. Any way around?

Also, I was wondering, could I use the front fans to cool my dual fan radiator ( place it on top of the fans)

I found a cheap RGB Controller. No Need to reply unless you want to help me with the radiator question or which case question.

I don't see any problem with putting your rad in the front of the case. Sure, you're pushing *slightly* warmer than normal air through, but it's negligible.

Your GPU temps will suffer slightly if you put it in the front but it shouldn't matter too much unless you're already on the verge of thermal throttling. Also kingwin sells rgb strips at Fry's for like 12 dollars and it comes with a 24 inch 4pin LED strip and a detachable 4pin female rgb to sata connector that is controllable trhough a remote that comes with it. You can choose speed, brightness, effect, and color. They have two versions of the obligatory rgb cycle modes, one is just cycle and the other is cycle with a cycle to white in-between the reds, greens, and blues.

Also xspc sells one on Amazon for 10 dollars. It comes with male to make plugs for the 2 female ports that split off of one sata connector but it has no remote so you have to click a button on the inline controls to change modes or colors.

Edited by kevinisbeast707

Hello,

Sadly, RGB controlling (although varied) is very restrictive because the systems are proprietary.
Here's my guide on how to best control RGB

I believe Coolermaster & Enermax are the cheapest options? You may also want to have a look at thermaltake :)

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !