Can someone help me with Sorround/home theater options?

Hey everyone.

I'm planning to set up my TV for gaming, no lag dependent games. Like car games or Nintendo Zelda games and you know, story-beat games.

I want a good surround system that sounds like heaven, not really on a budget but it's not like I'm willing to spend 1k dollars. I was looking for something like the z906

from Logitech, but I think that is way too old. Is there a better and more updated sound system? Or the sound on that z906 would be just fine? I looked over at Logitech's

new g560s and I think they're cool and all, but as they're only two speakers wouldn't that just mean less fun or entertainment? Someone, please help me and I excuse myself

for the lack of knowledge on this topic.

if you had said "not like I'm willing to spend 10k dollars", then we might have said something here

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

There are two basic lines of products for that sort of price range: large PC speaker systems and cheap home theater systems.  I personally don't have much experience with either, but the z906 is generally well liked.

On the home theater side are things like the Onkyo HT-S3800 (this not a recommendation, just the first that I saw).  An Amazon search for "home theater" and "complete systems" will shows there are many options.

Someone please recommend me something like blasteque did :c

:/ this forum is dead? No one literally said anything after that.

16 hours ago, HazeTheBeater said:

:/ this forum is dead? No one literally said anything after that.

The audio and home theater sections of this forum don't get a huge amount of traffic compared to somebody like AVS forums; you can try there if no one else responds here.

how much exactly ARE you willing to spend? are you looking for 5.1 surround? a little more details of what hardware you are looking to get and a budget would go a long way to have us be able to help you out

Im willing to spend like 500 dollars maximum, Im looking for 7.1 or 5.1 that depends on the fact if a 2.1 like the G560 is as enjoyable as the 5.1 or 7.1 system.