I seriously don’t know what’s wrong

Vek1313

I’ve been trying to build my first PC here and there the past couple days. When I got everything setup except for the GPU and tried to POST, the only thing that came on was the RGB lights on the motherboard and an orangish-red seemingly error LED on the top right of the motherboard. No fans turned on or anything else to my knowledge, I seriously hope the CPU didn’t start because it wouldn’t have had any cooling for 30-45 seconds. I genuinely can’t figure it out. I think it might be something plugged into the motherboard the wrong spot, but I thought they were all the right spot from what the descriptions said. Even then, would that prevent everything else from starting?

I don’t know what else to try other than taking it somewhere for a professional to work on and I don’t know of any places like that around me, unless I could take it in to Micro Center where I bought the majority of the parts and have them look at it. I thought outside of cable management, this would be so much easier than it was just from watching build guides of people who have done it for years with plenty of experience. 

4 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

I seriously hope the CPU didn’t start because it wouldn’t have had any cooling for 30-45 seconds

Does it have a cooler on top of it? Or you mean that the cooler fans didn't start?

Is the CPU 8-pin cable connected?

Is the ATX 24-pin cable connected?

Is the CPU_FAN cable connected?

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

Can you post some pictures of the motherboard please?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

I'm either reading you problem wrong or there are some confusing things going on here.

Did you start your computer without a heatsink  on your CPU? I would assume 30~45 seconds is enough to start getting the CPU hot. Also, fans not spinning up? You sure you plugged in your fans into the PSU/motherboard headers? What error code is the orange light indicating? Were there any error beeps or error code displays on your botherboard?

PC Specs:

- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.75Ghz

- Asus Prime X370 Pro

- GSkill Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz

- Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gainward Pheonix

- Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass Edition

- Crucial MX500 250GB SSD BOOT DRIVE

- Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 7200RPM 1TB (500GBx2)

- Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM HDD

- Toshiba 4TB 7200RPM HDD

- Corsair CX600W

- Acer XF240H 1920x1080 144Hz

- LG 25UM57 2560x1080 Ultrawide 60Hz 

- BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

- GMMK Gateron Clears Full Size

- Logitech G502 Spectrum

- AKG K712 Pro Headphones

- Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD Audio Interface

- Logitech Z333 Speaker

- MXL 990 Condenser Microphone

Maybe you plugged in 6/8pin power connector that is meant to be used for GPU and not for CPU. Check that, it should say CPU or something similar on the connector

8 minutes ago, Eibe said:

Does it have a cooler on top of it? Or you mean that the cooler fans didn't start?

Is the CPU 8-pin cable connected?

Is the ATX 24-pin cable connected?

Is the CPU_FAN cable connected?

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

Can you post some pictures of the motherboard please?

I’m not home at the moment, but I will post some pictures later and quote you with them. The CPU and ATX are plugged in properly.

I watched videos and looked as best as possible on the H100i V2 setup and it said the fans get plugged in to the cables coming off the pump and then the separate cable is plugged in to AIO Pump on the motherboard. 

I am not sure what CMOS is.

10 minutes ago, Local Moonman said:

I'm either reading you problem wrong or there are some confusing things going on here.

Did you start your computer without a heatsink  on your CPU? I would assume 30~45 seconds is enough to start getting the CPU hot. Also, fans not spinning up? You sure you plugged in your fans into the PSU/motherboard headers? What error code is the orange light indicating? Were there any error beeps or error code displays on your botherboard?

I have the H100i V2 installed but nothing started on that so I am unaware if the CPU started without the heatsink going. I have the Define R6 so I was using the fan hub in the back of the case. I have no idea what the error code is, it’s just an orange light so I was assuming it was an error indicator. No beeps or displays, just showed no signal on my monitor.

8 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Maybe you plugged in 6/8pin power connector that is meant to be used for GPU and not for CPU. Check that, it should say CPU or something similar on the connector

I checked that so much when I was initially doing it and the CPU is correctly plugged in, my VGA cables from the PSU are just sitting in there tho waiting for the GPU.

5 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

I have the H100i V2 installed but nothing started on that so I am unaware if the CPU started without the heatsink going. I have the Define R6 so I was using the fan hub in the back of the case. I have no idea what the error code is, it’s just an orange light so I was assuming it was an error indicator. No beeps or displays, just showed no signal on my monitor.

Did you connect the H100i V2's fans to the CPU_FAN pins (with a splitter possibly)?

What about the pump? On the board you listed in your signature you should have an AIO_PUMP header for it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304