Make a website questions

Hi all,

So I'll be making a website for personal reasons and I just bought the domain yesterday, now I do not know what to do.

So I saw that I have to buy this "web hosting" package (let's say I buy it from Namecheap), how can I transfer it to Wix.com?  Does "web hosting" mean that they'll have all the storage and they'll give me all the templates for my website or do I transfer the package to wix.com so then I can start making the website? I am a little confused here.

Thanks in advanced 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

38 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

how can I transfer it to Wix.com?  Does "web hosting" mean that they'll have all the storage and they'll give me all the templates for my website or do I transfer the package to wix.com so then I can start making the website?

So, if I understand you correctly, you want to use Wix's website builder, and you don't want to get into hardcoding HTML and so on?

Using Wix, I think you'll have to subscribe to Wix hosting. That means you need to get one of the Wix subscriptions, then transfer your domain to Wix.

It also looks like there may be other possibilities as well, please check out Wix's FAQ on domains:

https://support.wix.com/en/domains/wix-domains

Another solution is to use the website builder software which comes with the hosting service you already bought (Namecheap?).

1 hour ago, Carlos1010 said:

Hi all,

So I'll be making a website for personal reasons and I just bought the domain yesterday, now I do not know what to do.

So I saw that I have to buy this "web hosting" package (let's say I buy it from Namecheap), how can I transfer it to Wix.com?  Does "web hosting" mean that they'll have all the storage and they'll give me all the templates for my website or do I transfer the package to wix.com so then I can start making the website? I am a little confused here.

Thanks in advanced 

You'll have to pay to transfer your domain to wix.com. Not sure how much it costs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

u need to find a service to buy a domain, just google and read reviews