S8 Plus Battery Swelling

Hi Guys

So my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus that i brought directly from their UK online store has been working a treat for the past year, recently it has been randomly crashing and restarting every couple of minutes and the battery would seem to drain in 2 minutes(it was like watching a timer count down from 100) then the moment it was connected to the charger it would register as having 100% battery and the screen would begin to flicker

after not realising, Re flashing stock firmware back over the top(Android Oreo apparently has some battery draining problems) and it making no difference.. The case on the phone popped off and it revealed that the glass back was being pushed away from the body from what looks to be the battery

Has anyone else had any issues with new Samsung phones (Post Note 7)?

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.113c75b108815367b002fb1619a2fb06.JPGIMG_0491.thumb.JPG.70d772753e107daa624f27e79980d992.JPG

Thanks

Josh

(First Post BTW :) )

You need to get the battery replaced. Doing it on your own is possible, but it not really a thing. 

Contact Samsung Customer Support. 

*Insert meme about non-removable batteries here*

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Looks scary O_o

Too bad if Samsung managed to mess up their product line again. Hope it is a rare, one time, case, and that you may get a new device.

I have a s8plus never had this issue. You mist have done something wrong. Charged it overnight. Using the phone while charging. Playing games while charging. 

Contact samsung for repair. Cant do much about it.

if you have original bill and since you bought it in the UK, you should have 24 months warranty. Just contact the store you bought it from, or see directly with samsung (uk?) if they know anything or can give you a replacement directly. Though usually you go via the store you bought it from for warranty coverage.