Is the Asus ROG PG248Q a good monitor?

CyberFern0

I wanted a higher refresh rate monitor for my games. The PG248Q is priced pretty reasonably for 180Hz, GSync, and ROG exclusive features. I play mainly FPS games. I’ll be able to use the 180Hz because I have a GTX 1080. This is only for games. I already have a PB287Q for photo stuff, videos, and pretty much everything else. I don’t care about FPS. Is this the monitor for me?

I have it and love it. Asus has awful quality control and worse customer service but if you get a good one it works fantastic.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

I don't have the time to create a summary but this review should give you a good idea about what it is

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/asus-pg248q/

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the Asus brand in regards to monitors but I don't think that should stop you from getting it if it's what you're looking for. Though depending on how much you are spending on it, there may be something better.

I'm sorry I have too many monitors at this point. That monitor was pretty good and definitely an upgrade from a 60hz monitor but I upgraded quickly to a 28" 2k 165hz monitor soon after. Its a nice monitor and all but its pretty old at this point. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Ok then. Is the Alienware AW2518H a good choice, too? It has 240Hz, 1ms, GSync, and is $350 right now on BestBuy. If my system can go past 240 FPS on a benchmark, should I go for this one instead. What does the PG248Q have that the AW2518Q doesn’t?

1 hour ago, CyberFern0 said:

Ok then. Is the Alienware AW2518H a good choice, too? It has 240Hz, 1ms, GSync, and is $350 right now on BestBuy. If my system can go past 240 FPS on a benchmark, should I go for this one instead. What does the PG248Q have that the AW2518Q doesn’t?

it probably won't be noticeable to the eye, but the AW is faster in both response time (Full BTW) and absolute input lag (Also Full BTW). It's also supposed to have good color performance for a TN with good gamma and color accuracy. If you play a lot of fast paced competitive shooters, you'll like this monitor. I can't find anything the PG does better that's worth talking about xx