Forcing VMWARE use the same subnet with host

FreQUENCY

Hello,

I can use the internet on my vmware setup,but it will make its own subnet and i cant scan my host from the vmware via nmap.It will show only the vmware ip.I added some ips to the virtual network editor and played with it for 1-2 hours.Still nothing changed.FYI my network addresses are:

NETWORK ID:192.168.1.254

MASK:255.255.255.0

I use kali linux

Thank you

You need to change the network type from NAT to whatever VMware's equivalent of "physical attached" is. That'll attach the VM to your physical network - it'll get an ip from your dhcp server the same way your host machine does.

I use VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO.Also bridged wont work.With NAT i can connect online from VM

What's the guest OS? You might have to manually set up the bridged connection in the guest.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I tried bridging my main windows 10 network driver to my vmware bridged driver.It did not do anything.

31 minutes ago, GrandeKiD said:

I use VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO.Also bridged wont work.With NAT i can connect online from VM

Can you elaborate on why "bridged won't work"? Because Bridged is exactly what you need to get working.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Sure,I bridged my main networking source(driver)to the "Vmware network adapter".From windows 10.Then in VMWARE i tested NAT and bridged again.

1 minute ago, GrandeKiD said:

Sure,I bridged my main networking source(driver)to the "Vmware network adapter".From windows 10.Then in VMWARE i tested NAT and bridged again.

You shouldn't need to manually bridge anything in Windows 10. You should be doing all Bridging within the VMWare Workstation interface. Typically you just select "Bridged" under the virtual NIC properties, and then fill in the IP info.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As @dalekphalm said, bridging is done within vmware workstation pro. When you created your VM, the wizard asks you what you would like to do: bridge/NAT/advanced etc... After creating the VM you can edit the settings go to Network Adapter, and on the right select "bridged". Now if you don't have a DHCP or have some weird physical LAN setup, make sure you adjust the settings inside the VM.

image.png.a47e92b1c1707052f6ab4d80cc42ca02.png

Thanks for the info guys! For a weird reason,there was no option to bridge the vm to my wifi adapter,so i went to ""Virtual network editor" and bridged it from there. Dont know why i did not see that earlier.Thanks guys :)