450mb Partition, Windows Lists As 'ejectable device'

Frankieanime158

Having the strangest issue, need help, please read the whole post.

There's a 450mb partition that Windows has as an electable device in the system tray. I also can't remove it and merge it with the existing rest of the drive. If I format it, it becomes un-allocated space that I can't do anything with, the order of the partitions are 'unallocated space 450mb > recovery 99mb > C: 930gb'. 

1. I've tried everything thinkable in disk management build into Windows. Making it a new partition, made sure it's NTFS, re-format it. No matter what, it will not merge, all options are greyed out.

2. I've ran every command in diskpart you can imagine. 

What do I do? It's frustrating.

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

Well, that was probably your recovery partition which is gone now.  I'd run a repair from a windows installer personally (sfc may fix it too).

However, you should be able to extend your windows volume via disk management.  This would populate the unallocated space.  But again, you may have needed that little 450mb part.

There are many partition software around . You can try one and see. 

If by any chance, it does not work, you may have to do a clean install of Windows and delete all partition during installation. 

1 minute ago, Zmax said:

If by any chance, it does not work, you may have to do a clean install of Windows and delete all partition during installation. 

I would try the repair first since it may be able to fix or restore missing partitions, but yes if all else fails.