AMD 2400G

GermanFreak

Which cooler should I buy for the 2400G?

My case: Phanteks Eclipse P300

I would like a black optic 

Really up to you

Take a look at the mshify or the s340 elite

My life

The included stock cooler should be fine. Are you not satisfied with it?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I think it is not enough for oc.

Just now, GermanFreak said:

I think it is not enough for oc.

Have you tried oc'ing with it?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried oc'ing with it?

I don't have it yet. I watched many videos where people said they won't even use the stock cooler because it is bad. (I have only bought the case this month)

2 hours ago, GermanFreak said:

I don't have it yet. I watched many videos where people said they won't even use the stock cooler because it is bad. (I have only bought the case this month)

There are also just as many videos on oc'ing with the stock cooler. Are they referring to the 2400G stock cooler? Different cpus have different included stock coolers and how well a cpu oc's will depend on the silicon lottery. 

I recommend how it oc's with the stock cooler before deciding on whether or not to replace it.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

I support what this guy said in terms of the stock cooler being fine. Just use the stock cooler.  In the past no way would've I recommended that for many systems builds I commented on here and elsewhere but with this cpu don't bother with the extra expense.  The only thing that helps these sort of cpus is faster ram.

On 5/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, GermanFreak said:

Which cooler should I buy for the 2400G?

My case: Phanteks Eclipse P300

I would like a black optic 

The 2400G has a very low TDP and therefore produces very little heat. Like most people here, I would say that the stock cooler is enough, even for mild overclocking.

However, if you want to push the highest overclocks possible at 1.375-1.425V, then I would suggest a decent upgrade. Even with maximum OC you wouldn't need anything massive, just a decent 120mm cooler like the Arctic 33 or even just a Hyper 212 EVO.

Remember that Overclocking the Ryzen 2400G is EXTREMELY common, because you can get more out of the graphics as well as the CPU, so bear in mind that OC in the future is very likely.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread: