Urgent SQL Oracle help

owencrispy
Go to solution Solved by programmer,
On 5/7/2018 at 8:56 PM, owencrispy said:

currently going out of my mind as I have an exam on SQL tomorrow and i can't for the life of me figure out this error:

INSERT INTO treatment VALUES ('1',DATE'2018-12-12','injection', REFERENCES animal(animalno)'001')

ORA-00917: missing comma

can someone please point out where i'm going wrong there and if that is right, where am i missing the comma? (trying to insert data into a table with a foreign key)

Probably too late - but I'm guessing the issue is that you don't have a column for REFERENCES animal(animalno) to apply to.

https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_foreignkey.asp

currently going out of my mind as I have an exam on SQL tomorrow and i can't for the life of me figure out this error:

INSERT INTO treatment VALUES ('1',DATE'2018-12-12','injection', REFERENCES animal(animalno)'001')

can someone please point out where i'm going wrong there and if that is right, where am i missing the comma? (trying to insert data into a table with a foreign key)

That insert statement is quite weird. Could you paste the table structures of the "treatment" and "animal" tables?

Of course might be too late now, but worth a shot.

On 5/7/2018 at 8:56 PM, owencrispy said:

Probably too late - but I'm guessing the issue is that you don't have a column for REFERENCES animal(animalno) to apply to.

https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_foreignkey.asp

Web Developer and Java contractor