Help, Laptop constant 100% CPU

kenokid

When I have it on the battery, It always is at 50% CPU if I choose ECO mode in MSI Dragon Center, But If I choose Power Options, It goes to 100% CPU And I have no Idea why

I need this fixed because I use this laptop for school and the fans spin up due to it going to over 60 Degrees C.

I have the MSI GF62VR-7RF

What is taking up the majority of the resources? Please check taskmanager

Just now, GoldenLag said:

What is taking up the majority of the resources? Please check taskmanager

It says Discord, I close that (End Task) but it never goes down.

It did this with Microsoft Edge, I closed it, but it stayed at 100% CPU

It only says 6 - 7% with Dragon Center (Which makes perfect sence because it's basically idoling)

Just now, kenokid said:

It says Discord, I close that (End Task) but it never goes down.

It did this with Microsoft Edge, I closed it, but it stayed at 100% CPU

It only says 6 - 7% with Dragon Center (Which makes perfect sence because it's basically idoling)

Did you check all task, not only the windowef ones?

13 minutes ago, kenokid said:

When I have it on the battery, It always is at 50% CPU if I choose ECO mode in MSI Dragon Center, But If I choose Power Options, It goes to 100% CPU And I have no Idea why

I need this fixed because I use this laptop for school and the fans spin up due to it going to over 60 Degrees C.

I have the MSI GF62VR-7RF

Does it do this from bootup, or does it stay idle for a bit until you fire up other programs?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Does it do this from bootup, or does it stay idle for a bit until you fire up other programs?

Streight from bootup, As soon as I took in TM its 100%

How long does it stay at such a high CPU usage? Is discord perhaps updating?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 hours ago, kenokid said:

Streight from bootup, As soon as I took in TM its 100%

Ok, so something is causing this to occur.

List, please, everything that runs at startup, (rather, the things that are set to autorun...MSCONFIG will give you this info)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I know a few things about this, run into it quite a bit at work. The first thing being when the computer FIRST boots, it's not uncommon at all for the CPU to be at 100% usage because it's checking for updates and windows defender is runnning its initial system scan at start up, but after that it should go down (unless there are windows updates to do that you haven't done yet, so to start I would say go to settings and check for updates, do all of the updates, reboot, check again, etc.

Secondly I know that MSI intentionally tricks windows into thinking the CPU is being at 100% usage to force turbo mode on the processor for better performance, completely close MSI Dragon Centre and wait a few minutes to see if the CPU usage drops, if it does, that's all it was, MSI's software running the way it's suppose to.

It's stupid the way they made that work but that's how it works, and, I mean, it works, it forces your CPU to turbo boost at full speed because the computer thinks it's needed, it's like the ghetto OEM overclock solution out of the box without going too far as to actually start overclocking.

Hope this helps

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11