New and Need Some Help

Vek1313

I just bought the parts for my tower and I have some questions about displays. I’ve heard they come with display cables? Is there anyway to find this, which ones, and how long they are on the product or is there like a default cable set. Or do I just need to entirely by cables?

i havent bought a monitor that dosent come with either a VGA or DVI cable so far. with the GTX 1080 however you wont have a VGA port so if the monitor comes with one you will need another cable that you will have to buy youself. might say somewhere on the official site of the monitor what cable it comes with, or someone might show it in their review of it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, UnleashedPride said:

I just bought the parts for my tower and I have some questions about displays. I’ve heard they come with display cables? Is there anyway to find this, which ones, and how long they are on the product or is there like a default cable set. Or do I just need to entirely by cables?

Usually you can see the cables in product pictures. 6 feet is the standard length, although no guarantees.

8 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

What's your budget/country for the display?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

-Snip-

8 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

-Snip-

Alright thanks. I was planning on HDMI because I will have a switch for my XB1 eventually and I can get a 6ft 2 pack from Amazon for $9

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What's your budget/country for the display?

I already have them picked out. I’m going to check their product descriptions.

Alright thanks. I was planning on HDMI because I will have a switch for my XB1 eventually and I can get a 6ft 2 pack from Amazon for $9

I already have them picked out. I’m going to check their product descriptions.

I sure hope it's better than a 1080p 60hz display

You can just get HDM-> DVI or Display port adapters easily.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

wow... those are some cheap HDMI cables O.o a single cable is €15 here still -_- 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I sure hope it's better than a 1080p 60hz display

You can just get HDM-> DVI or Display port adapters easily.

These are the options with my requirements: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#W=2700,5500&r=256001440&H=60,240&T=1,7&a=16009&p=1&v=75075,100100&sort=price&page=1

I’ve decided on the Asus PB one

3 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

Why on earth would you pay near $400 for a 1440p 60hz display? A display like that is only worth about $200 now

You could have gotten a 1440p 144hz IPS display for the same price, or a nice 4k 60hz IPS display
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wFfhP6/nixeus-nx-edg27s-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-nx-edg27s

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Why on earth would you pay near $400 for a 1440p 60hz display? A display like that is only worth about $200 now

You could have gotten a 1440p 144hz IPS display for the same price, or a nice 4k 60hz IPS display
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wFfhP6/nixeus-nx-edg27s-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-nx-edg27s

That’s $50 more and doesn’t meet all of my requirements. I need to be able to mount it because I don’t have a huge desk and when I move it to college, I will need it mounted as well. No 4K monitors fit the requirements either. I might end up just reducing it and going to one monitor but I was gonna go with 2. Not the same one’s just a secondary but I might go against that and I wouldn’t need to mount then and things will be freed up for options.

14 minutes ago, UnleashedPride said:

That’s $50 more and doesn’t meet all of my requirements. I need to be able to mount it because I don’t have a huge desk and when I move it to college, I will need it mounted as well. No 4K monitors fit the requirements either. I might end up just reducing it and going to one monitor but I was gonna go with 2. Not the same one’s just a secondary but I might go against that and I wouldn’t need to mount then and things will be freed up for options.

The Nixeus display has a Vesa mount, what are the other requirements?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The Nixeus display has a Vesa mount, what are the other requirements?

Before continuing further on this may I ask that you check this thread out first that’ll explain where I’m coming from on this.