Laptop with quadro graphics?

Hey everyone! 

Was looking to get a super cheap laptop to haul around for the summer, something that would let me play casual games and I came across this 

https://m.ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-8540w-/222947617068?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

It has an nvidia quadro fx 880m gpu and was wondering if it was any good. I know quadro GPUs aren't built for gaming but thought I'd get a second opinion. 

quadros are fine for gaming. That's an HP workstation, to run heavy software like Autodesk, but....

1gb vram? 2gb ram? serious? i'm not sure you can run much on that thing.

3 minutes ago, The Viking said:

quadros are fine for gaming. That's an HP workstation, to run heavy software like Autodesk, but....

1gb vram? 2gb ram? serious? i'm not sure you can run much on that thing.

I know, haha my idea was just light stuff like bindings of Issac, league and Celeste. I have some laptop ddr3 ram I have laying around and I was gonna pop it inside to help give it more oomph. 

2 minutes ago, insertfedroa said:

I know, haha my idea was just light stuff like bindings of Issac, league and Celeste. I have some laptop ddr3 ram I have laying around and I was gonna pop it inside to help give it more oomph. 

i see. just check some benchmarks of the quadro in it and see what kind of fps you can expect, some websites have that kind of benchmarks.

but yeah, you can game just fine on it.

edit: or just checking the link the guy posted above me. lel

edit 2: or not. Seems too old :S

1 minute ago, The Viking said:

my link is too old?

She/Her

4 minutes ago, The Viking said:

i see. just check some benchmarks of the quadro in it and see what kind of fps you can expect, some websites have that kind of benchmarks.

but yeah, you can game just fine on it.

edit: or just checking the link the guy posted above me. lel

Yeah haha, I guess I can keep looking 

Just now, insertfedroa said:

I see... So my search Continues. Thanks! 

no worries.. 

but for that kind of price you won't find anything too great. it all depends if you can live with games that can run on old gpu's.. 

recommended for league of legends is a GeForce 8800, which is much faster than the Quadro in that hp laptop..: 

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-8800-GT-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-FX-880M/m7722vsm7780

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

the graphics in that are worse than the Quadro in the hp laptop.. 

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-NVS-4200M-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-FX-880M/m7966vsm7780

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

the graphics in that are worse than the Quadro in the hp laptop.. 

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-NVS-4200M-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-FX-880M/m7966vsm7780

But its a smaller lighter laptop, thats cheaper and has a better cpu aswell. Yea the gpu isn't better, but the rest is.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

But its a smaller lighter laptop, thats cheaper and has a better cpu aswell. Yea the gpu isn't better, but the rest is.

sure, but the OP wants to play casual games like League, and that won't play league at all. 

She/Her

sure, but the OP wants to play casual games like League, and that won't play league at all. 

but nothing in that budget will, you either need to get lucky with a cheap latop from a friend or spend more.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

but nothing in that budget will, you either need to get lucky with a cheap latop from a friend or spend more.

Yeah, I guess I need to spend a bit more, I think more modern intel hd graphics will be ok. Thanks for your help! 

17 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

my link is too old?

no, the laptop.

OP, what games that are not very demanding do you play?

She/Her

Yeah, I guess I need to spend a bit more, I think more modern intel hd graphics will be ok. Thanks for your help! 

you could use a laptop with slightly older intel graphics if the games you play will run on them.

She/Her

Just casual stuff like bindings of Issac, and a ton of 8 bit platformers. I mean I have a desktop for some heavier stuff but I was just looking around the sub 200$ range for something I can take with me cause I'm gonna go on a trip this summer! 

Just casual stuff like bindings of Issac, and a ton of 8 bit platformers. I mean I have a desktop for some heavier stuff but I was just looking around the sub 200$ range for something I can take with me cause I'm gonna go on a trip this summer! 

do you want a light laptop? like an older ultrabook or do you not care about weight and size?

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

do you want a light laptop? like an older ultrabook or do you not care about weight and size?

I don't really care about weight or size, gonna be mostly using it on a table in the hotel room haha 

I don't really care about weight or size, gonna be mostly using it on a table in the hotel room haha 

okay. then i'm not of much help.. I like thin and light laptops so.. I don't have a lot of experience with older laptops that are heavy and such. 

I do know a bit about older graphics cards, so if you find something you can always ask me if it's good. 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

okay. then i'm not of much help.. I like thin and light laptops so.. I don't have a lot of experience with older laptops that are heavy and such. 

I do know a bit about older graphics cards, so if you find something you can always ask me if it's good. 

Nah you were a ton of help, thanks again! I mean I just found this video 

It's the same one linked earlier, if I can lower my settings then I should be able to do some decent gaming right? 

2 minutes ago, insertfedroa said:

Nah you were a ton of help, thanks again! I mean I just found this video 

It's the same one linked earlier, if I can lower my settings then I should be able to do some decent gaming right? 

it's very hard to say that a laptop is "good for gaming"... because every game is different and optimized differently. and I don't want to give you wrong information. 

so look up the requirements for games you play, and then pick a laptop that has them... 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

it's very hard to say that a laptop is "good for gaming"... because every game is different and optimized differently. and I don't want to give you wrong information. 

so look up the requirements for games you play, and then pick a laptop that has them... 

Gotcha, thanks again!