W10 - screen flickering after the april update

First of all welcome all! this is my first post so be gentle :)

I have an annoying problem. Since the April update, after resume, the screen is flickering (white flicker). this usually stops after few seconds but nonetheless is extremly annoying and worrying.

Since the update i reinstalled the nvidia drivers, intel graphic driver that didn't help.  

Its a laptop (lenovo z50-70) with geforce 840m and i7-4510u

This has not been an issue prior to the update so im suspecting something is conflicting but running out of ideas. Windows even log does not show anything suspicious. And this happens both on battery and the mains power. Internet is silent so i'm looking for some new ideas to test. I don't necessarily want to reinstall/ refresh windows but this is on the cards as well.

have you updated the drivers for your GeForce card? 

I have a 3th gen intel I5 in my laptop and this issue doesn't exist for me, however I only have intel graphics so.. 

She/Her

yeap, as mentioned above, drivers are up to date.

I would post the issue in the Feedback hub with the most details, you can revert back to the old version of Windows, and wait for your wave (don't manually check for update) which hopefully has the update fixed by then.

The official release date of April is May 8, so this Tuesday, and Microsoft said that they'll release a new update ("day 1 patch") on the same date (targeted date), so maybe it is fixed there.