The Ultimate Live Edge Desk PC Build Log

Ok...I skipped ahead a bit, but the build is done...I am so happy with this build and this video to be honest.  I hope you guys like it.

If I glossed over anything you have questions about don't hesitate to reply in here or in the comments on the video...I'll post more pictures soon.

Can't hide money lol great build, I'm also in the process of building a 1950x system. Nowhere near this though good job 

loved it!

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

12 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

loved it!

Thanks man!

14 hours ago, Tekred said:

Can't hide money lol great build, I'm also in the process of building a 1950x system. Nowhere near this though good job 

Thanks, "Can't hide money?"  I think the 1950x is not getting the love it deserves it is way faster than the reviewers seem to give it credit for.  I haven't played with an overclock but this chip has all kinds of thermal headroom in the loop.  It boosts 4 cores to 4Ghz easy pretty often, I bet I can get 4.8 boost if I bump up the multiplier a bit.

Just curious around where you're located, I saw a woodworker on youtube and found he was only an hour away from me and it was pretty cool

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Just curious around where you're located, I saw a woodworker on youtube and found he was only an hour away from me and it was pretty cool

I am in Missouri, where are you at?

19 minutes ago, WoodWorkLIFE said:

I am in Missouri, where are you at?

NC, oh well. 

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

NC, oh well. 

how hot is it there?

29 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

how hot is it there?

Today it is actually PERFECT, but it gets into the 100s pretty soon here.

2 hours ago, WoodWorkLIFE said:

Today it is actually PERFECT, but it gets into the 100s pretty soon here.

it's been raining here for the past 2 weeks, so we're humid as crap, but temps are only in the mid 80s right now.

How the crap do you survive 100's?? I have trouble surviving 75+!

3 hours ago, WoodWorkLIFE said:

Thanks, "Can't hide money?"  I think the 1950x is not getting the love it deserves it is way faster than the reviewers seem to give it credit for.  I haven't played with an overclock but this chip has all kinds of thermal headroom in the loop.  It boosts 4 cores to 4Ghz easy pretty often, I bet I can get 4.8 boost if I bump up the multiplier a bit.

Lol just saying that build must've cost a fortune. And that's great to hear about the 1950x lookibg forward to getting mine finished 

23 hours ago, WoodWorkLIFE said:

That's normal for 1800X/1950X, you wont see 4.8ghz, its hard to get over 4.1ghz on Ryzen one silicone, I get 4.05ghz out of my 1700.

Great looking build though, the desk looks awesome, ive been subbed from the start

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

On 5/24/2018 at 5:49 PM, Tekred said:

I wish I had the money for some hardware like that

You just described half of pc enthusiasts. 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

1 hour ago, I-r0k said:

You just described half all of pc enthusiasts. 

Edited for correctness

2 hours ago, I-r0k said:

?I wrote that then turned around and spent $3k on hardware including the ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME and threadripper 1950x 

2 hours ago, Tekred said:

?I wrote that then turned around and spent $3k on hardware including the ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME and threadripper 1950x 

WTF!! I have a ryzen 3 and a 1050! I give up on life. 

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, I-r0k said:

WTF!! I have a ryzen 3 and a 1050! I give up on life. 

Don't feel bad I was using the AMD FX 8350 ( DDR3 lol ) and a 1050 ti for years lol. Be sure to keep look out for my build log Project Envy sponsored by In WIn :)

53 minutes ago, Tekred said:

Don't feel bad I was using the AMD FX 8350 ( DDR3 lol ) and a 1050 ti for years lol. Be sure to keep look out for my build log Project Envy sponsored by In WIn :)

Will do. 

Main PC:

Spoiler

On 6/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, Jtalk4456 said:

it's been raining here for the past 2 weeks, so we're humid as crap, but temps are only in the mid 80s right now.

How the crap do you survive 100's?? I have trouble surviving 75+!

lol, you just take a nap while the sun is up and get out at night :)  Or you cooped up in an office all day and have no idea what temp it is outside, just that it's sunny...

On 6/4/2018 at 4:17 PM, Tekred said:

Lol just saying that build must've cost a fortune. And that's great to hear about the 1950x lookibg forward to getting mine finished 

It worked with some sponsors (components only) on some of the stuff since it was going to be so outlandish, but I still have a lot of time and money tied into this thing.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:19 AM, Koverhar said:

Nice with another wooden desktop PC!

Glad you like it!  I got so many comments about a wooden PC catching on fire the first time I built one...I don't think people realize wood doesn't burn at 90C.

22 hours ago, stealth80 said:

That's normal for 1800X/1950X, you wont see 4.8ghz, its hard to get over 4.1ghz on Ryzen one silicone, I get 4.05ghz out of my 1700.

Great looking build though, the desk looks awesome, ive been subbed from the start

Ya, I wish I would've waited for the gen 2 stuff from AMD, I am sure the clocks will be better.  This one does alright though I played around with some overclocking and got it to 4ghz pretty easily, I will have to play around and dial it in.  I have plenty of thermal and power headroom though.

20 hours ago, I-r0k said:

lol, now I get the DIY enthusiast trolls "If I had all those tools I could build that" and the PC enthusiasts too "I wish I had the money for some hardware like that."