The Ultimate Live Edge Desk PC Build Log

1 minute ago, WoodWorkLIFE said:

lol, now I get the DIY enthusiast trolls "If I had all those tools I could build that" and the PC enthusiasts too "I wish I had the money for some hardware like that."

Sigh, the meaning of life. 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

18 hours ago, Tekred said:

?I wrote that then turned around and spent $3k on hardware including the ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME and threadripper 1950x 

just now?  The threadripper is a BEAST!  I don't think the reviews do it justice, it is just so much compute power.  I think for most media centric purposes though (most of what anyone needs this beast of a CPU for) the 1920x probably does everything and more you could possible need, most software doesn't seem to fully leverage beyond 14 cores.  HOPEFULLY, with all of the HEDT chips coming out with umpteen cores (28 from intel and 32 from AMD at Computex), we are going to start seeing game developers start writing game engines that can just spread the load across N number of cores.  Good luck with the build either way!

15 hours ago, Tekred said:

Don't feel bad I was using the AMD FX 8350 ( DDR3 lol ) and a 1050 ti for years lol. Be sure to keep look out for my build log Project Envy sponsored by In WIn :)

Tell me more!!!!  What is the hardware list?

Some benchmark news, 

The CPU hits 4 GHZ pretty easily on 4 cores with boost, and can run 4GHZ all cores overclocked (I still need to tune voltages and stuff to get temps where I want them.)  At stock, the CPU idles at around 28C and at full load it hits, 55C. 

On the GPU end, I think I won a bit of the silicon lottery with the Aorus 1080tis, they run with just increasing the power target to 150% at 2025MHZ CORE ALL day at 45C.  So that is pretty cool.

On a gaming note, the system can run Crysis :D AND it runs PUBG at 1440p ULTRA at 85 average FPS, so...almost playable.

Renders of 4k and upscales to 4k are stupid fast in adobe premiere.  I know it not my "niche" but I might do some sort of benchmarking video somewhere if there is enough interest.

6 hours ago, WoodWorkLIFE said:

Tell me more!!!!  What is the hardware list?

Hopefully parts will start rolling in this week and I will start my build log, while not as fancy as yours I hope it turns out well lol

On 6/6/2018 at 5:04 PM, TekRed said:

Hopefully parts will start rolling in this week and I will start my build log, while not as fancy as yours I hope it turns out well lol

Good luck!  I hope to see it soon.

35 minutes ago, WoodWorkLIFE said:

Good luck!  I hope to see it soon.

Thanks, build log is started if you want to check it out. Project Inkling