Miracast/Wireless Display "Something went wrong"

I think this is the right place to ask. I'm kind of stuck on this problem so I would like to crowd source the knowledge here to see if someone can give me some suggestions.
For my job I have a domain joined managed laptop which want to cast it's image to a Microsoft Surface Hub. This doesn't work because it can't connect to the wireless display.
So for now I have a test setup where I have a windows 10 laptop (going to call this "my laptop" now)  as a receiver (using the connect app) and this other laptop (I'm going to call this "work laptop" now) which tries to connect to it, and it gives me the same error.
When trying to connect to my laptop with another laptop I get the screen mirroring to work. Also when connecting with my laptop to the surface hub it works.
I installed a fresh windows 10 image on the work laptop (dual boot) and this is also able to connect to my laptop then so the problem is not hardware related.
I've checked the firewall setting and they seem to be okay (the wireless display settings are all enabled to go trough).
I've updated the wifi adapter drivers but this didn't make a difference.
I've check that both laptops are on the same frequency with wifi (2.4 GHz) and this didn't make a difference.
The work laptop uses Direct Access so I disabled this tunnel (and later tried it in the corporate network too) and this didn't make a difference.
I've tried to run it when both laptop didn't have any other wifi connection, this didn't make a difference.
I've tried adjusting the refresh rate on the work laptop but this didn't make a difference too.

I've installed the wireless display adapter app from the app store.

I tried updating the video drivers for the work laptop but this I can't do because it's managed to tightly. I want to see if I can find the specific drivers used and install these on the clean windows 10 image to rule this problem out, but I don't expect this to be the issue.

When I have the task manager wifi monitoring enabled on both my laptop and the worklaptop when they try to connect it send 2 spikes of data to the worklaptop, but this one only seems to receive one. I don't know if this is relevant.
The issue isn't in the network itself because miracast sets up a seperate network for itself.

Any suggestion on where the issue might be are welcome. I will be trying to fix this issue the whole day so some help would be nice :).

I can now confirm the display driver isn't the issue either. I have both windows installation on the work laptop work with the same display driver and one works and one dont.