Can't get my i9-7980xe stable at 4.7ghz or 4.8ghz ?

I can't get my i9-7980xe stable at 4.7ghz or 4.8ghz any advice ?

Most reviewers could only do 4.5 or 4.6. If your under water and pushing voltage close to the border of safe you might be able to get higher but 4.5ghz is what most people I see been getting. Also don't be like jayz2cent and degrade it by trying for to high of a clock and pushing to much voltage

I'm under water on all major components like vrm cpu and gpu what would be a safe core voltage limit to set myself ?

Something like 1.35v I think but I could be wrong should be a spread sheet somewhere or something. 

There was a guy here on the forum that said 1.400 is safe as long as temps are under control ?

4 minutes ago, Game_on said:

There was a guy here on the forum that said 1.400 is safe as long as temps are under control ?

I believe the safe limit is 1.5. I had my 8700k up to 1.45v (5.3GHZ, but that's an 8700K) for a few days for benchmarking with no issues, though it got a bit hot. I got a golden-sample one retail (lucky me!) that runs at 5GHZ at 1.25v though, so that might be a bit unusual.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Spread sheet where could I find this spread sheet or conformed information that details the true limit or even safe limits for this cpu ?

1 minute ago, Game_on said:

Spread sheet where could I find this spread sheet or conformed information that details the true limit or even safe limits for this cpu ?

Intel ARK?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I'm looking for long term safe  core voltage not just for benchmarking.

Just googling. But for sure 1.35v you should be fine. Coffee lake I've seen a lot run 1.45v. You could see if buildzoid is on twitch atm he was a bit ago and ask him.

1.4V is known as the safe value when temps are kept under control. Any higher on a non delidded and sufficiently cooled chip can and will lead to early degradation.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

They say that max temperature is 93c but max safe core voltage under what spec would it be classified under or titled under in specs info ?

The only reason that im overclocking is because i want to get 60 fps constantly on gta 5 with everything on very high I've got a titan Xp collectors edition overclocked to 2062mhz and my cpu at 4.5 ghz I've achieved 60 fps in most parts of the game except places with lots of grass and vegetation.

Above 1.35v for any CPU and you should look at overclocking forums for documented stable overclocks. Underwater I am comfortable letting my CPU (i7-5820K) run up to 1.45v before I get anxious about it exploding. You may want to tweak load line calibration if you don't want to raise the voltage any further. Increasing input voltage (not core voltage) might yield higher stability. 

I have a feeling that I can easily achieve a higher overclock but I just don't know exactly what to play with in the bios the only thing that I have played with is core voltage and core clock as well as disabling things that would downclock or even starve the cpu of electricity. I have not tryed messing around with input voltage since I don't know what is safe to put there .