Need help deciding between 2 CPU coolers

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
30 minutes ago, Cofic said:

Depends, 80-85 for the most part,but starts going to 90 after a while. And after couple of hours(like 2+) starts going even higher from there,which is really scary.

Yeah, that's a bit on the high side. I'd suggest going with the PR Slim but either should easily keep temps below ~65c unless you're running very low fan speeds. 

Okay so i have to decide between the Arctic freezer 13 vs Be quiet's pure rock slim. The prices are the same and both can fit. I am purely interested in performance/cooling at high CPU loads. Any knowledge/experience's are highly appreciated. Benchmarks between the two from the same person would be best, i couldn't find any sadly.

Pure rock

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

They're similar in performance. I don't think there are many if any direct comparisons since the Freezer 13 is a good several years older.

The Freezer 13 comes with a longer warranty at 6 years vs. 3 and the PR Slim is quieter. 

What cpu are you cooling? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're similar in performance. I don't think there are many if any direct comparisons since the Freezer 13 is a good several years older.

The Freezer 13 comes with a longer warranty at 6 years vs. 3 and the PR Slim is quieter. 

What cpu are you cooling? 

i5 3450

2 minutes ago, Cofic said:

i5 3450

Either would be more than enough cooling already. Out of the two, the PR Slim would be better since it's quieter. Why are you looking at these coolers in particular? Do you not have the stock cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Either would be more than enough cooling already. Out of the two, the PR Slim would be better since it's quieter. Why are you looking at these coolers in particular? Do you not have the stock cooler?

I do,it just cant cool it off when i run more demanding stuff for extended periods of time. Hence i want to get a real cooler. As for why those 2 particularly. There isn't much of a choice here where i live. From all the ones that are available and in budget range, i narrowed it down to those two.

5 minutes ago, Cofic said:

I do,it just cant cool it off when i run more demanding stuff for extended periods of time. Hence i want to get a real cooler. 

What are your load temps?

Depends, 80-85 for the most part,but starts going to 90 after a while. And after couple of hours(like 2+) starts going even higher from there,which is really scary.

30 minutes ago, Cofic said:

Yeah, that's a bit on the high side. I'd suggest going with the PR Slim but either should easily keep temps below ~65c unless you're running very low fan speeds. 

Got the pure rock slim. Load temp's are between 62-67(room temp 30) and the fan is incredibly quiet.