Apple AirPort Extreme

After reading articles like this ...

AirPort Extreme Article

Got me thinking... I purchased one several years ago as we had just moved into a new house and ISP provided router kept crashing when 5+ devices were connected.

As our home devices /  equipment is heavily Apple based, it made sense to grab an Apple Router product.

However now that Apple have announced they are discontinuing the Router product line, there seems to be a lot of haters ranting against these products!

Personally have been nothing but thrilled (and still am) with the performance of this product!  We live in a x3 story house and the range / overall speeds / stability is incredible

Im keeping mine until it goes pop!

Any love / current owners out there in linustechtips world for these Airport routers?

product_hero_image_2x.thumb.jpg.c2e62c55322ec1cb57409a0daf873133.jpg

2018-04-27-image-11.jpg

The Airport Extreme was well known for having the fastest single-client transfer speeds among AC routers, even to non-Apple computers. It was as fast or faster for single-client transfers as routers released even a year or two ago, which is impressive considering it was released very early in the 802.11ac lifecycle. But in many other regards, Apple knows crap about networking and makes up their own way of doing things that conflicts with other standards-compliant hardware and make no sense to netwokring professionals. This affects their computers and phones more often than their routers, but their routers weren’t un-affected by this issue.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: