How to properly clean a desktop matte screen lcd...

Dark Zenith

Long time viewer and watcher of LTT, been enjoying your videos for years. I've come to the website in dire straights and need to make a request for a video or at least get some help in the forum. I've scoured online many times about this to no good success. So many instructions deal with just basic dust and cleaning of the display but I need more than that.

The bottom line is I have a family who is very prone to allergies with extremely sudden sneezing, as a result we have always had issues with spattering on the displays. Considered getting glass cut to mount in front but haven't bothered with that.  What I am asking is how do you properly clean a matte lcd? Namely one that has protein, mucus, or fatty spots on it. Even things like milk or other similar things might be worth covering. How does one clean these displays properly and fully so they have their original factory clear look to them? I have tried commercial lcd cleaners, distilled water, and other things with no success.

I would be extremely appreciative of this and I am sure it would be very useful to many others because there is just so much out there for sketchy and incorrect information for such a simple and basic maintenance task.

Thank-you.

• 2 weeks later...

:( I am sad as there was no response to this and I was really hoping to get solid information on how to do this basic, but essential task properly... As I said, I've hunted online and there are so many differences in cleaning styles, types, products it can make your head spin. Meanwhile the majority of these all apply towards specific screen types, promoting specific products (I won't listen if it is advertising vs fact) etc...