Recommend game for someone with not a lot of time to play.

JamesO

I recently just built my first pc, well it’s for my son, total build was about $1,700 without peripherals.

I want to find a game that I could play, I only have about 1 day a week I can play. And I’m not into first person shooters, or online games where you kill one another.

ive enjoyed civilization 5 in the past, but I’m looking for something that will put the graphics card to use, something with nice visuals and realistic graphics. I also like realistic gameply, but I’m not so much into games where I need to craft and all that because of my time-limit.

can you recommend a good game

where you don’t have to invest half your life time into?

Even thinking about a sports game or simulation like hunting or fishing.

5 minutes ago, JamesO said:

I recently just built my first pc, well it’s for my son, total build was about $1,700 without peripherals.

I want to find a game that I could play, I only have about 1 day a week I can play. And I’m not into first person shooters, or online games where you kill one another.

ive enjoyed civilization 5 in the past, but I’m looking for something that will put the graphics card to use, something with nice visuals and realistic graphics. I also like realistic gameply, but I’m not so much into games where I need to craft and all that because of my time-limit.

can you recommend a good game

where you don’t have to invest half your life time into?

Even thinking about a sports game or simulation like hunting or fishing.

Armoured Warfare (PvE)

or Crimsonland (and the games by the dev)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Rocket League - soccer/football with cars

Euro/America truck simulator - drive trucks

Farming simulator - take care of a farm

Football Manager - soccer/football game

Civilization takes a lot of time for one game unless you save and resume.

I'm playing Dirt Rally these days and I'm really enjoying it.

Steep (snowboard/downhill ski game) looks cool, but has had mixed reviews.

The Hunter - Call of the wild is on sale on Steam now and has positive reviews.

Just Cause 3 is a superb blow-it-up simulator that's very fun and very easy to get into. Hours of brain dead making things blow up and flying around in a wingsuit. It's almost therapeutic.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

The Witcher 3

(Just kidding)

Maybe try hellblade senuas sacrifice, 8h +-of gameplay, amazing graphics, very straight foward game.

I usually prefer long games, so I dont have much recomendations...

But the south park games are nice, if you like south park.

Also Life is Strange is AMAZING, and since it is episodic I think it would fit very well on your schedule. Both the original game and the prequel are worth it, but the original is better.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Dark souls! 

You won’t want to play anymore. That or you’ll die and have to stop playing anyway. Kind of a reminder like “time to have a life!” 

Skyrim

Its not exactly fps and can be third person. 

You can try Aura 4X which is....

Spoiler

As for games you might actually like:

Dawn of War Dark Crusade. 

Its a real time strategy game that has skirmishes going from (realistically non competitive) 20-40 minutes a match if you’re slow. 

10-20 if you’re good at the game/aggressive. 

DONT GET DAWN OF WAR 3!!!!!!!

Graphics intense games...

star citizen...?

ryze son of Rome (short game)

shadow of Mordor or shadow of war (micro transactions were removed) 

frostpunk is a new good looking game. 

The single player component of GTAV is pretty cool, looks really nice and you can pop on and get up to some mischief then turn it off without really caring about the main story progression. 

On 4/26/2018 at 2:55 PM, TLCH723 said:

Rocket League - soccer/football with cars

Euro/America truck simulator - drive trucks

Farming simulator - take care of a farm

Football Manager - soccer/football game

Civilization takes a lot of time for one game unless you save and resume.

I agree, Rocket leauge is a great game. You can also play with controller! You can also trade on it as well B|

Sports games and fighting games, they can be played 10-20 mins at a time....I recommend Mutant football league, if you want one with a twist.

Pro evolution soccer 17 and 18 are superb

Fifa 9-12,13,14 and 17 are good.

The Golf Club 2 

Nhl 2009 if you can find it

Super mega baseball

WWE games 16 is ok.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----