Enermax Liqtech TR4 360 AIO High Temps

I've asked this a pretty long time ago. But I thought it was solved. Turns out it wasn't.

My 1950X gets to around 85C (Sometimes above that) when almost iddling (2-7% usage)

Is my AIO not working properly and should I RMA?

Once I boot it up for the first time after I wake up, it seems to have a temperature between the 37 and 43 C, but the temperature slowly starts rising.

I have my 1950X at 3.7 MHz at 1.125V and my memory is at 3200 Mhz.

Some things that I noticed was that the entire radiator except for where the tubes go into the radiator is room temperature (So the only hot part is where the tubes enter the radiator).

One of the 2 tubes is really hot and the other one is basically room temperature.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

sounds like a dead pump, especially since the tubes directly on the block are very hot. Does it read any pump speed in monitoring software?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

My temperatures have gone up to 87 C now.

Only one of the tubes is hot, the other one is basically room temperature.

When opening HWiNFO64 it shows that the Water Pump+ is running at around 1500RPM. So it does show something.

Make sure that the pump is connected to a normal fan-header (not the CPU_FAN header).

Then go into the BIOS and try to change the speed of the fan-header the pump is connected to.

If you don't hear the slightest bit of noise at max speeds, then you know your pump is definitly dead.

Also I guess you didn't forget to put thermal paste on the CPU, right?... o.O

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Make sure that the pump is connected to a normal fan-header (not the CPU_FAN header).

Then go into the BIOS and try to change the speed of the fan-header the pump is connected to.

If you don't hear the slightest bit of noise at max speeds, then you know your pump is definitly dead.

Also I guess you didn't forget to put thermal paste on the CPU, right?... o.O

I did not forget. I have reapplied the thermal paste 2 times to see if that was the problem even. And HWiNFO shows that the pump (Water Pump+) is doing something. 

2 minutes ago, Blackoutjazz said:

I did not forget. I have reapplied the thermal paste 2 times to see if that was the problem even. And HWiNFO shows that the pump (Water Pump+) is doing something. 

Software can be wrong.

To be 100% sure that the pump is running you should turn it to full speed and take a listen. It should make a noticeable noise.

There is a good reason why I went away from AIOs... <.<

Probably some obvious stuff, but assuming that the radiator is above the water block so the air bubble sits in the radiator not the pump.

I have had an air bubble stuck in the pump before. i turned the case on its side and it moved up to the radiator before and cleared my issue.

Other than that setting the pump to 100% and putting your finger on the waterblock you should at least feel it vibrate to know its running.

One of the tubes being warmer than the other can still happen if the pump isn't running.

85C idle doesn't sound normal, Gamers Nexus did test that AIO on a 1950X i am pretty sure it was idling at 45C. Maybe you got unlucky with a dead pump.

It does happen... :(

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3119-360-vs-240-for-threadripper-enermax-liqtech-vs-noctua

46C idle is normal not 85C as per above link.

But thats also overclocked not stock.

Capture.PNG

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

• 1 month later...

I was having the same issue as Blackoutjazz. I replaced my Enermax 360 with a new one and bang I am now running 38c at idle and full stress on all cores for 1 minute and only got to 60c. It's like a whole new machine.

• 9 months later...
This is how my gen 2 that replaced my clogged gen 1 looked like after about three months. I have flushed it and filled it with good quality coolant and will see if that works. Idle temps down from almost 68C to 31C. If it starts clogging again I will return it for a refund and go with something else.

yukky. i hope they replaced that cooler for you.

STORAGE